•Four•

April POV

A few days later Brandon and our date, or whatever you would call it, was still on my mind. He hasn't left my head, and that really scares me. I know I want to move on from Ben but would Brandon really be the best option for me? I mean he already has a baby, and I'm a mom. At least he would be a good dad from what I've seen of him with his daughter, Hazel.

Ugh, just thinking about all of this has brought up memories.

*

Staring at the positive pregnancy test I remembered all of the times I saw Ben around his younger siblings; how sweet and caring he was with them. I knew that he was going to be a great dad.

I know being this young and having a baby wasn't ideal, but I knew that we could do it. Together. We've always been there for each other because we were friends before we started dating.

I also couldn't help crying about what my parents were going to think, but part of me didn't care. I was genuinely excited for this baby that is inside of me.

*

My thinking gets interrupted by a call from Brandon. I'm probably overthinking all of this, and Brandon actually doesn't see me as more than a friend. Although, if he didn't like me he wouldn't be calling me right now.

"Hey," he breathes into the phone. "I was wondering if possibly you would want to go out with me again sometime?"

He sounds kinda nervous, and I can't help but think that it's so cute that he is.

"I would love to," I say; internally screaming. Why am I so excited for this?

"Sweet, so I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7pm" he says . "Also, could we not bring our kids this time" he asks, shyly.

"Yeah, my dad was planning on taking him tomorrow anyways" I say.

"Nice, I'll see you tomorrow" he says.

"See you" I say.

I get off my bed and do a little 'I'm so excited' dance. The whole time I did it Jonah was giggling at me as he was laying on my bed.

"Mommy has a date baby" I say.

"Yay" he says while clapping his hands together. He's such a cute baby. Over these past months he has made me so happy. Although, he does look a lot like his dad. Sometimes it hurts to see Ben in him, but I have to remember that he is a part of me too.

*

Jonah and I ended up falling asleep on the bed, and once I woke up I made sure to call Carly and tell her about my date with Brandon tomorrow. She was super excited, and glad that I'm putting myself back out there. Although, she did warn me and tell me that he's a player, but honestly I think he has changed.

Kids definitely change you. I stay at home with Jonah most of the time, and I rarely see any of my friends besides Carly anymore. It's only because she actually comes over and tries to hangout with me. But I really think Brandon is different. I mean he definitely doesn't flirt with all of the girls anymore, and I barely see him with his friends.

However, I do still have my guard up. I have to be careful, since Ben left me heartbroken.

"Mommy" Jonah says. "Me want foood" he continues.  He rubs his eyes as he starts to wake up.

He's finally old enough to where we are feeding him real food now. My mom and I have a whole list of soft foods that we want him to try and today that food is peaches. I remember when I was little that I always hated them, but now I don't think they're that bad.

I pick Jonah up and take him downstairs and put him in the high chair. Then I give him the food.

"Here, try this Jonah" I say.

He pick up the peach and takes a small bite out of it. Instantly he throws it on the ground and scrunches his face up.

"Eww.." he blurts.

"I'm gonna take that as he doesn't like peaches" my mom laughs as she walks in the room. I definitely thought she had a date tonight.

"I would say so" I say. "I thought that you had a date tonight" I ask.

"His daughter ended up getting sick" she says.

"Oo, so he has a daughter" I say, "am I ever going to get to know his name?" I wipe the peaches off Jonah's face and I give him some baby food that I know he actually likes.

"Actually, I was hoping sometime next week you could meet him. I would have to make sure Liam is free also because I want him to meet him as well." she says hopefully.

"Mom, of course I would love to meet him" I say and hug her. "I'm glad that you're finally happy."

Once Jonah is done eating I take him upstairs and put him in his swing so I can work on some homework. I can't help but smile at the thought of mine and Brandon's date tomorrow.