Sorry

~Will

I looked over the Fields, at the satyrs and Demeter campers working in harmony. I stood next to Mason, relishing in the smell of the growing strawberries.

"Hey, babe," Mason said. Smiling, I turned to him to be greeted with a sly smile that I loved. "Catch." He threw a strawberry at me, which hit me right in the face.

He started laughing at my stunned expression, eyes crinkling in mirth. I swiped the berry off of my cheek and started laughing with him. The bubbling noises of joy made some of the campers turn to us, but we didn't care. It was so good, we were in a world all our own.

Our own little world was shattered when a stomping broke through the happy atmosphere. I glanced towards the noise. It was my half-sister, Kayla. "William Solace! Get your butt over to the infirmary! It's your shift and I'm not doing it for you!"

"Shit! Oh my gods, Mason, I'm sorry! I totally forgot!" Leaving a peck on his cheek, I raced down to where my sister was waiting, hands-on-hips. "Sorry Kayla," I blushed.

"You'd better be," she frowned, and grabbed me by the shoulder, dragging me along behind her. "I am overworked." She frowned again and added, "Maybe I should be Head Doctor."

I just scoffed and took her hand from my shoulder. "I never miss a shift. Regardless of you reminding me, I'm still going to the infirmary, so technically I'm not missing it." Kayla just glared at me.

I chuckled at her, and looked up to see the hospital in sight. "Race you," she challenged, glare replaced with determination in her eyes.

"You're on!" I bursted out into a full-on sprint, laughing. I loved the feel of the wind through my hair as I rounded the corner of the building straight into-

"Nico?!" The boy jumped back as I skidded to a stop, mood dampened immediately. "What are you doing here?" I questioned, crossing my arms across my chest.

The boy looked sheepish, but not startled at my sudden appearance. He raised a hand to scratch at the back of his neck, teeth worrying away on his bottom lip. "I just wanted to say that -um- I..." He trailed off and I groaned.

"You know what? I don't have time for this." I pushed past the smaller boy, who squeaked as I hit his shoulder with my own. Not dealing with this today. Or ever.

Before I could entirely get out of his line of reach, Nico's cold hand ghosted its way onto my wrist. He spit out words like they were fire. "I-just-wanted-to-say-I'm-sorry-and-I-know-I-was-being-terrible-and-I'm-sorry."

I looked down at the pale hand around mine. Anger bubbled up inside of me, and I ripped it away from Nico, spitting, "Maybe once I might've wanted to hear those words." I didn't look to see Nico's expression, only stormed into the infirmary to take my shift.

______________________
THIS IS DEDICATED TO FemalePercyJackson BECAUSE IT'S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY AND THIS IS MY LAME EXCUSE OF A BIRTHDAY GIFT I'M SORRY