v ▷ the planning.

F I V E

05. | the planning.
to work together you need a team

steve.

THE HAZY yellow light shines over the map in the hidden bunker underneath London's streets. People make a commotion from all around the place, scampering around like ants. I stand over the map wearing an SSR uniform complete with the golden badges as Gen and Peggy have. I have more and different ones than both of them, but I still feel like one of them. Gen peers at the map from my right, glancing up every so often at Peggy, who is across from her.

After I returned from the journey to save Bucky and the rest of the 107th from Hydra, nothing has been quite the same. From when I hugged Gen because of my lack of self control to spilling every detail about the man with the red face and no nose, something has felt different between us. She knew that I trusted her with my life before, sure — well, at least I hope she knows — but now is different. I trust her with everything. If I ever have something that I need to say to get off my chest, she's the person I go to. Maybe it's just because she is a psychologist, but I would have started doing that more beforehand because she has been one since I've known her. I don't know, I just feel like there's something more between us than there was before.

"The fifth one was here in Poland, near the Baltic," I mumble, trying to recall what I saw on the map when I was in the Hydra camp and drawing marks on the map to point them out. "And the sixth one was.....right about here, thirty or forty miles west of the Maginot line." I stand there for a moment, in awe with myself as a man pulls the map off the table.

"And you got all of that with just a quick look?" Gen asks me thoughtfully, glancing up to meet my gaze.

"Yep," I confirm, twirling the pencil around between my fingers.

"But nobody's perfect," Peggy points out.

Gen gives her a death glare, mentally spitting a scold at her.

I quickly set the pencil down on the table, smiling at the two. I watch Gen closely as she turns on her heal, away from our table. I can't help but notice the small blush on her cheeks as she steps away, causing my face to flush too. We migrate to another table, the giant one in the center of the room, with a map and small figurines to represent certain things.

"These are the weapon factories that we know about," I say, scanning over the small plastic flags and buildings. "Sergeant Barnes said they shipped all the other parts to another facility that isn't on the map."

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI-6," Colonel Phillips orders as he steps beside her. "I want every allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base."

"What about us?" Peggy asks him.

He stops striding away, and we stop following. He turns to face us with the average scowl. "We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass," he says, taking a paper that a blonde Private (Lorraine?) hands him.

"Well that sounds lovely," Gen mutters under her breath.

"What do you say, Rogers and Edwards?" Colonel questions us. "Rogers, it's your map, and Edwards has brains. You think you can wipe Hydra off of it?"