Chapter 5

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 5

The rest of the week passed in a blur. I felt more comfortable at home and at school. The Walkers were like my second family now and my friends at school were pretty awesome too. The only thing that disappointed me was that Alex didn’t talk to me again after our little moment on Tuesday. I, honestly, thought that we would go back to normal after this conversation but we didn’t and that showed me that things aren’t that simple.

I went out of bed because it was already 11:00a.m and if I stayed in bed any longer, I would feel tired and lazy all day. I hopped in the shower and when I was done, I was refreshed and ready to start a new day. I loved showers because they had that awesome effect.

I put on a pair of blue jeans and a simple long sleeved black shirt. The weather was getting colder everyday and soon winter would be here.

I walked downstairs and frowned when I heard many voices coming from the game room. Yes, they had a game room in their house. It had a pool table, video games, darts, and a huge T.V screen.

I poked my head into the room and immediately Chase spotted me.

“Good morning sunshine,” he said and I grinned as I opened the door wider and went in.

“Morning,” I said and that’s when I noticed that Paul, Alex, and Josh were there.

“Hey,” I said, smiling at my classmates.

“Hi,” they chorused.

“I think it’s time for that challenge,” Paul said, shooting me an arrogant smile.

“Are you ready to lose, Paul?” I replied, smirking.

“Enough talking,” he said “Let’s play.”

I held the controller, feeling the familiar rush of excitement. The only different was that this time it was much more because I couldn’t wait to see the look on his face when I kick his ass! Wow I sound arrogant!

~~*~~

“So, Paul, how does it feel to lose to a girl?” I asked after I had beaten him.

“I can’t believe it,” he said, shocked “No one has ever beaten me. I perfected that game!”

“Turns out you weren’t that perfect,” I said, smirking. I’ll admit though, it was hard to beat him. He was really good.

He shot me a dirty look and I smiled innocently.

“Told you she’ll beat you,” Chase said and Alex and Josh laughed at Paul.

“If it makes you feel better, you’re better than Chase,” I said.