Chapter 27

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 27

This Sunday was different from other Sundays. Well not completely different since we went to church and visited Nana and went out for lunch but different because that night Alex and Josh were coming over for dinner.

I didn’t know if I should’ve felt nervous or not because Alex coming over for dinner was like having my parents meet my boyfriend but my real parents knew Alex and Clarissa and Tom know him too since he is Chase’s friend.

It was more like Chase having his friends over for dinner so I shouldn’t be nervous.

I opened my closet and took out my light blue skinny jeans and tight black long sleeved shirt. I put them on with my black converse and then glanced at my reflection in the mirror.

 The silver outline of the heart on the bottom right of my shirt glowed slightly when the light hit it. My brown hair was okay today and my makeup was light so I looked good.

I went downstairs because I had promised Clarissa to help her with dinner and the guys were going to be here in an hour.

While walking downstairs I remembered the conversation I had with Alex when I told him to come over for dinner and I couldn’t stop the smile that formed on my lips.

“Are you free Sunday night?” I had asked him.

“Why? Are you planning a hot date?” He asked me in a seductive voice.

I rolled my eyes at him and asked him once again, “Are you busy?”

“Nope, I don’t have any plans,” he answered.

“Good,” I had answered. “Then you can come over for dinner on Sunday?”

“Sure,” he said, smiling at me then his smile disappeared as a serious look overtook his face.

“Does that mean that I should be scared of Clarissa and Tom this time?” He asked and I burst out laughing.

“I don’t think they’ll act like ‘the parents meeting the boyfriend’ because they already know you,” I said.

“Are you sure? What if they did?” He asked and I detected a hint of worry in his voice that made me want to pinch his cheeks because of how adorable he sounded.

“Parents always love you, Alex,” I replied reassuringly. “So you have nothing to worry about.”

He gave me a smile, his confidence back.