Chapter 26

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 26

I groaned as I answered my phone as it rang Saturday morning. It was still too early.

“Hello?” I mumbled sleepily, my eyes still shut.

“Good morning!”Paul chirped from the other end. “Are you ready?”

“For what?” I replied, my brain still not fully awake.

“For our day together,” he said, his mood dropping slightly.

“It’s too early!” I protested.

“I want to spend as much time with you as possible,” he replied and I smiled.

“Fine, I’ll get up,” I said as I sat up in my bed.

“Great! I’ll be there in thirty minutes,” he said before hanging up.

I sighed when I saw on my phone that it was still 9:30a.m. I then got out of bed and went to take a shower.

Fifteen minutes later, I was out of the shower and picking my clothes. I finally decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans and a light blue V-neck long-sleeved shirt with my black flats.

I then braided my wet hair and once I was done, I grabbed a purse, shoving in it all the things I needed, and then went downstairs. Emily and Chase were still sleeping but I knew that Chase, unlike Emily and I, kept his phone on silent at night so I sent him a message saying that I was going out with Paul. He’d see it when he wakes up.

I made myself a cheese sandwich and ate it. When I was done, I heard the doorbell. I grabbed a cherry lollipop and put it in my purse before running to the door.

“Hey,” I said as I opened the door and saw Paul standing there, with a grin on his face. He was wearing dark blue jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. For a second I wondered if he was cold but then I remembered that he almost never gets cold.

“Ready?” he asked and I nodded.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders in a friendly gesture as we walked to where his car was parked.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” he said and I rolled my eyes at the cliché reply. I still loved surprises though.

I climbed in his car and we put on our seatbelts before he started driving. We had a really different taste in music so we kept on fighting about what songs to listen to the whole way.

“Stop changing the station!” I ordered him, shooting him a glare.