Chapter 2: Bruises

Mason's P.O.V.

"bro you coming?" My friend Alex yelled as I was putting my books in my locker. "Yeah wait up" I yelled back and closed my locker. I ran over to Alex who was standing in front of the cafeteria doors. "Let's go" We both entered the cafeteria, it was so packed, I could see so many familiar faces that I haven't seen in years, since I moved in sixth grade and just recently returned.

I was wondering how we were going to find our friends in all this madness "Where are we going to sit?" I turned my head to Alex was already on the lunch line. "Our table is over there" he said while chewing on a French fry, almost choking while he spoke. He pointed to the corner of the cafeteria, While I looked over there, looking behind the large tables of people from my past. My friends stood up to help me see them. I waved. My friends are Jacob, Tyler, Jason, Erick, and Alex. I got online behind Alex. I looked at the lunch which was hamburgers with fries. I almost threw up in my mouth when I had a flashback from a few years ago when I actually found a huge black hair in my hamburger.. Disgusting. That was at a different schooI, but I still wasn't going to eat meat, not because of the hair, because of the cruelty towards animals, towards living beings.. I looked up at the sign that said the lunch specials. "What are you ordering Hun?" The lunch lady asked while I looked at the sign's ridiculous handwriting that I could not read. "Umm.." I looked down and saw the hamburgers again.. Ooh and also a ceaser salad. "I'll have a salad please" I moved down the line with Alex and we paid for our lunches. "So salad eh?" I looked up at Alex who had a hamburger which made me grossed out. "Yeah.. I don't like meat" I said, trying to find the right words to make it seem like I'm not a 'vegetarian freak' that goes on about how animals are being treated bad..

We greeted at the table with our friends horsing around. "How's it been over the ye--" my friend said while being interrupted. "Ooh tell him what we just saw." Jacob said enthusiastically. I looked at him "spit it out" I said. "Ok ok, the fag is actually inside our same cafeteria... I think we should do something about it." Tyler said. I stood up, pushing the whole table back. I couldn't believe what he just said. I stood up with my lunch, looked around and saw Andrew right next to our table sitting alone at the empty table, which made my heart sink. Why was he sitting alone? Didn't he have any other friends? Before I knew it, I was walking over to his table. "Dude" Tyler was calling after me but I just ignored him. Instead, I sat down next to Andrew.

"Hey Andrew, why you all alone?" I asked him. He looked up to me, I stared into his eyes which seemed to have lost its glow. "Andrew... What's wrong, did they say anything to you.." I said softly while I stared at his face which was so grim. He took a long time to respond. 

Andrew's P.O.V

"Andrew... What's wrong, did they say anything to you.." Mason said as his face filled with anger. I didn't know how to tell him that his friends threatened me, he wouldn't believe me over his friends that he probably knew since forever... But, the truth is always the best option. "t-they threatened me" I said softly, knowing they threatened me that if I went near them, I would be beat up by all of them. When I saw that this table was the only one free, I knew it couldn't be a coincidence. While stuck in my thoughts, I didn't notice Mason who was shaking from all the anger, and looking over to his friends. "What threat did they give you" he said while still looking at his friends. "Don't hurt them" I exclaimed softly. He looked at me and saw my serious look. "Please don't, I don't want you in trouble" I said more softly than ever, due to his friends in the next table. "I would do anything for you" he said. What? Did I just hear that right? I've been getting all these mixed signals lately but I don't know which ones are which. I smiled at him, and I reached my foot over to his casually, so our feet were touching. I saw him look under the table, and I felt his foot slowly back away from mine. He quickly brought his head back above the table. "What is that on your leg" tears filled in my eyes, he saw the bruises I got up, leaving my lunch.

Mason's P.O.V

Crap, I messed up, why did I just say that, I didn't mean to say that out loud. God knows what he is thinking now.. My thoughts were interrupted by Andrew. He moved his foot to mine, leaving them touching. I blushed and looked under the table... Happy about him doing that, wait.. What is that.. I squinted my eyes and saw blood on his sock and purple on his leg.. What... I moved my head back above the table, looking at him, did he do that to himself? I wondered as my heart sank again. "What is that on your leg" Crap.. I shouldn't of said that.. he got up and ran out of the cafeteria. "Andrew!" I yelled as I tried to chase after him. I felt someone grab my arm, "Let the fag go" Alex said as a wave of laughter ignited behind me. I grabbed his arm, forcing him to let go of me. My whole body filled with anger, no one calls him that, no one bullys him when I'm here. Wait.. Did Alex do that to him.. I pushed Alex on the ground. "Stop being an asshole" I yelled to make him snap back into his senses. The whole cafeteria turned their attention to me. I got off of Alex "God Damn gossip freaks" I muttered to myself. "Get back to your pathetic lives" I said loudly.. it just slipped out, I honestly didn't mean to say that, but they sure listened to me. I knew I needed to get some steam off my chest, and I needed to find Andrew.. so I stormed out of the cafeteria, leaving Alex on the floor, and leaving my head roaming with a million questions. Did he do that to himself? Am I just overthinking things? Why are people bullying him? Did someone do that to him.. Who did that to him?

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading this chapter, I am really happy about having this chapter mainly based on Mason's perspective. Please like this story, and follow me, if you do both of those things, you may comment below leaving a character name and description, and I will try to add them in an upcoming chapter. Thanks everyone. Enjoy your evening.

-Osterx