chapter four

"exuse me. taylor? taylor samuelson?"
lamelo had said.

taylor turned around. she turned around to see lamelo ball. him standing there in front of her with a guilty expression on his face.

guilty because now he has to see and speak to the girl he called out on, on twitter.

guilty because of the hate he brought on her for his stupid idea.

"yes? who are you?" taylor questioned

lamelo was stunned. he knew for sure she didn't know him. but that wasn't what surprised him. what surprised was the way she said it.

she said it so rude. that's not how he thought she would be.

but he understands that. he understands that she is going to be rude towards him. after all, he got over 100 thousand people giving her shit for not knowing him.

he should feel bad. should feel the way he's feeling. guilty, and regret.

"um. my name is lamelo ball. um, you don't know me. i go to chino hills. it's about 10 minutes away from here." he introduced himself.

oh. she thought, with her eyebrows raised. this is the guy who every one is comparing me too.

"hello. my name is taylor samuelson. but you already knew that since you said my name."

"uh yeah."  this is so awkward, lamelo thought. "um. i just came over here to apologize to you, you know about what i said on twitter. i didn't mean anything by it. it's just when people who don't know you and doubt your level of play, you just get frustrated and just want to show them that you can play above other levels. oh sorry, i'm rambling on. but that's not what i came over here for. it was to apologize to you. so, i'm sorry for doing what i did and hope that there's no bad blood between the two of us."
he rambled on.

that's cute, he's trying to apologize. yeah, not gonna happen.

"uh, yeah. apology not accepted. you made my social media life a hell. you are the reason i'm getting all the hate that i don't deserve. i don't even know you, yet you still did what you did and i don't like that at all."

not only was he stunned by her words. he was stunned by her for no accepting his apology.

it's bad enough that she doesn't know him. but to not accept his apology? he was putting himself out there and apologizing for his actions. that's something she should accept.

at least that's what he thinks.

taylor on the other hand doesn't. he should be apologizing because for his stupid actions he caused hate on her. he could understand that part.

but why can't she just accept it? it's not like they're ever going to see each other again. besides at basketball games. but that is only three times a year, sometimes two if either team doesn't make it to the playoffs.

"what?! why can't you just accept it? it's not like we're going to see each other after this. why can't you just get over it already?" he said

"get over it? how am i suppose to get over it? get over all the hate that i don't deserve? all because of you! i am getting called the worst player they have ever seen, that i'll never be good enough to go to uconn, that all i do is have a good range. but they don't know how many hours i'm at the gym for at a time. i'm there three hours after practice is over.  do you know how bad it was to get criticized by a thousand people. but now it's 100 thousand people criticizing me. all because you sent one tweet out."
she ranted, while also trying to keep her frustration level to a low. and also her voice low seeing as they are in public.

by now, lonzo and liangelo have made their way over to them. they've been there for a few minutes now.

they feel for their brother. they really do. seeing your younger brother getting slightly yelled at by a girl.

yeah, been there, don't want to deal with that anymore. let's just say when lonzo broke up with his girl friend, denise garcia, he had to put a bag of ice on his face for three days. yeah, not pretty.

anyways, back to the situation at hand. lamelo has never dealed with girls before. he doesn't like to deal with them, it's just because he doesn't want to focus on them. sure, he seen a few who have caught his eye before.

he would just rather deal with basketball then a girl who may not be a forever. he would want a forever girlfriend. one who will be there in his life for a long time. he never felt a girl truly like him, they only like him because of how he gets publicity on youtube by people who watch his highlights.

he wants someone who is truly there for him, not his fame.

anyways, back to the problem.

"hold on, what's going on here?" the eldest brother asked.

taylor looked at him with a confused expression on her face. "who are you?"

"i'm lonzo ball. older brother of these two clones over here," he said pointing towards melo and gelo. "now, what is the problem?"

"well, you're clown of a brother is making people hate on taylor over here. for something she had no choice in." georgia spoke up. kind of surprising taylor, she never spoke in that voice before.

"what you mean she had no choice?" gelo said.

"she had to answer the question or else no more interviews. coach said you have to answer every question truthfully respectfully as possible."

that is true. their coach did say that. as well as they're principle and athletic director.

"yeah. so don't go blaming me for something i couldn't control. i answered the question truthfully and i said sorry for sounding harsh too." taylor stated.

now realizing his mistake, lamelo felt like a total dumbass. he was being inconsiderate towards her and her feelings. that's something melo isn't exactly used to either.

"oh my god! i'm such an idiot. i always just thought of mine, i never even thought about yours. it's just, i'm used to everyone knowing who i am around here and having our schools so close together. i just thought everyone from each school knew who each other were. i thought you were just making that up because we were from different schools and were just trying to throw shade towards chino hills." lamelo said.

they were all stunned. especially the two other ball brothers. lamelo may be kind of grown up, but he has never owned up to his actions before. he has never apologized before. only ever to his parents and teachers.

taylor and georgia were stunned because he sounded so sincere about it. now it was taylor's turn to be guilty.

"look, i accept you're apology. just because you didn't know why i had to say that." taylor sighed, really hoping she cleared what was ever in the air.

"yes! thank you! i promise i will never say anything about you ever again." melo said, while hugging her. well he was doing most of the hugging. she just awkwardly patted his back while trying to hug him.

"yeah don't make me regret it."

"i won't! how about we all go to dinner after. if that is alright with y'all parents. we'll buy. think of it as a peace offering."  lonzo said

"uh, sure they won't mind. i'll tell them to pick us up later." taylor said for the both of them seeing as georgia was spending the night at taylor's house.

"okay, cool. we're do you y'all wann eat?" gelo asked

taylor looked at georgia, but she just shrugged.

"let's go to five guys. they're good and i really want a burger." taylor suggested.

"why not?" lonzo said.

but all lamelo was thinking was, if this girl can eat a burger in front of three guys without being embarrassed, what else could she do to hang out with the guys?

1364 words

not edited