chapter nine

nervous.

scared.

anxious.

only three feelings that taylor is feeling at the moment.

she's nervous because she doesn't know what to say.

she's scared because she's fearing of being rejected by lamelo.

and she's anxious because she's waiting for what lamelo has to say.

it has been a few minutes since lamelo blurted out they should talk about their feelings.

the movie still playing in the background.

"so..."

"so."

"you can start off with what you're gonna say" said taylor

"well. i like you... a lot, if that's not pretty obvious. and i want to take us a step further."

"well, i like you too. but, we've only been talking for a few weeks. and i don't even know that much about you." taylor retaliated.

this is not how this was supposed to go, lamelo thought.

she's supposed jump in my arms and kiss me until i pass out.

but obviously that wasn't going to happen.

and now internally, taylor was wondering if she was making the right decision to actually turn down lamelo ball.

the kid that she knew nothing about until a couple of weeks ago.

lamelo was looking sad as ever though. he looked truly heartbroken, like a little kid who got told no to getting ice cream.

"well, what do you want to know?"

well geez. she wanted to know everything about this kid. and not just the little things like what his favorite color is.

but the real facts about him. like his biggest fear, his greatest accomplishment and stuff that no one else besides knows about.

and she wanted to tell him just that, but she couldn't find the voice to tell him that.

instead what came out was, "i think we should just stay friends until i know more about you. i
don't wanna rush into anything too quickly" she said, sheepishly.

and there it was.

the salt being poured into the wound.

lamelo ball has just been rejected.

he sat there, on the couch.

stunned

shocked

humiliated

and taylor could see all those emotions on his face and in his eyes.

she felt so horrible about what she has done. she didn't mean for it to be like this. but she just didn't want to rush into it like she had said earlier.

she wanted to take things slow. be calm and not make a mistake like she has before.

"i mean, we can still be friends though, right?"

what a cliché response to say after you have just rejected someone.

and poor lamelo, his face a burning up you could see a light tint of pink on his cheeks from the embarrassment.