chapter six

two weeks later

you could say after the five of them hung out at the mall and at five guys, they have somewhat became some sort of 'group.' they got each others phone numbers and social media accounts.

what they don't know is, lamelo only asked just to get taylor's number. but she or they don't need to know that

lamelo and taylor have gotten closer over the two weeks they have known each other now. they have hung out with just them two. in a public place of course. but they were always aware of their surroundings. they are from rival teams after all. they look around them when they go into a movie theater or when they go to a diner and even when they go into a store.

they're just being paranoid though.

sure, they may go to different schools, but it shouldn't be a problem. it's not like the rivalary will last forever. so if someone has a problem with it, that's their own problem. not lamelo's or taylor's.

and besides, it's not like they're dating or anything. they have only known each other for a little less of a month.

lamelo has figured out, through out the times they have hung out with just those two, that he has developed a crush on the girl.

now, you have to remember that lamelo has never had to deal with a girls feelings. only because he doesn't want to focus on a girl. but ever since that day they met, he has been wanting to be with her.

the only problem is;

he doesn't know if she likes him back.

but he doesn't know need to worry about it. taylor thinks that lamelo is cute. with his shy and quiet attitude off the court and his wild child attitude on it. she thinks he is very attractive.

but she wants to know more than his face. she wants to know his feelings fot everything, what he thinks about her. she wants to know his plans for college, if he really is committed to ucla. she would rather have a relationship throughout high school and college and maybe a forever.

but things like that are rare.

anyways, they are at the movies. they're seeing the movie split. they were told that is was more so funny rathern than scary, from zo and gelo.

"how do you think the movie is going to be?" asked melo while they are standing in the line for snacks.

"i think it'll be a good one. i seen the trailor for it, some parts looked scary while others looked funny." taylor replied.

"what snacks do you want? i'm buying, no argument." he said sternly, making sure he was actually going to pay.

"okay," she said, chuckling, "um, i'll have the starburst, sour patch kids, and a water, please." she said towards the cashier, who was a female and looked like she was sixteen.

she was also looking up and down at lamelo, biting her lip.

but his attention was still focused on taylor. he was kind of smirking at her, loving the way she spoke confidently to the cashier and not paying any mind to the way she was looking at her date.

that made lamelo wonder; are we on a date? i just asked if she wanted to go to the movies. i never asked or said the word date.

"and how about you, cutie?" the cashier said while looking at lamelo, still biting her lip and twirling her hair now.

"uh, i'll have a medium popcorn, snickers and a water as well."

"okay your total is $27.17" the girl said, while grabbing their candy and drinks, as the popcorn was brought over by another employee.