chapter five

so now here they were. all five of them. sitting in five guys, eating burgers, besides georgia. just because she claimed to be a vegetarian. taylor rolled her eyes at that.

georgia usually eats meat all the time. for breakfast it's usually a sausage or bacon bagel sandwich. or lunch meat on her sub. and last month it was her dads birthday, and she got a new york strip steak.

so yeah, taylor gets to roll her eyes at her best friend because she knows she's only saying that because they're around three boys.

three extremely cute and hot boys at that.

"so, when did y'all start playing basketball?" asked gelo, with a mouthful of fries.

"well not both of us. just her, i just stick to soccer." georgia said.

"um, i started playing around 6 years of age. i also play soccer with georgia here. around when i was 4. yeah, when i first got the ball at my feet and started kicking it, i just fell in love with it. the same with basketball. when i learned how to dribble and shoot, it was like love at first shot." taylor explained, while chuckling at the end a little bit.

"how old are you guys again?" asked georgia, just wanting to be in the conversation.

"well, i am 19 years old, gelo over here is currently 18, and baby melo over there is 15 years old. what about you two?" said lonzo, answering for the three of them.

"oh. well we're both 15 but i'm older by a couple months. i was born on february 20th and georgia was born on april 25th." taylor answered.

"oh that's cool. and you're in the same grade right?" asked gelo.

underneath the table, lamelo kicked taylor lightly on the foot. she felt something kick her so she looked under the table and seen lamelo's foot. so she just started playing footsie's with him.

"yeah we are. and we have the same teachers for the past 7 years or so which i think is weird but is also..." rambled on georgia.

she has always been a talker. once she starts she just keeps going. but the only people she was talking to, more lime the only two who were listening, was lonzo and gelo.

taylor and lamelo were in their own little world. they weren't talking, they were in a sense. they were having a staring contest. it's been going on ever since georgia started talking. well, before she started talking. they were playing footsie's and then kind of jusg stopped and stared at one another.

while they were staring in each other's eyes they noticed things about one another.

lamelo noticed how taylor's eyes were a mixture of green and had little specks of blue near the pupil, and the little freckles on the bridge of her nose and under her eyes. he also noticed the light skin complexion. she's faintly tan. on her face is a little lighter than the rest of her body. he noticed that she doesn't blush either. he noticed her face is pretty much flawless with a few pimples here and there. and how her eyebrows were arched and he doesn't know if she plucked her eyebrows or if they were naturally like that. they were full and thick. and her lips, kind of chapped and thin.

but he thinks all of that makes her more beautiful. he noticed all these little things on her. he only knew her for a few hours but he's an observer. he's shy and quie. so if he didn't want to talk, he wanted to watch and listen.

he noticed when she got restless she cracked her knuckles just to move some part of her body. that she touches her hair a lot. or she is always biting her nails and when she bites her lip, lamelo thinks that is the sexiest thing ever.

she's so beautiful. he thought.

but, taylor has noticed things about lamelo too. she noticed how light his brown eyes were. they were pretty dark, but towards the middle is where the lightness seeped through.

they're beautiful, she thought.

she noticed he has barely talked for the three hours they have been hanging out. that he messes with his hair a lot, running his hand back and forth.

i want to touch it. looks curly.

his lips are pink and plump. and his braces are what make his smile cute. she liked their height difference as well. he only had 7 inches on her. he's a full head taller than her.

they have been staring at each for the past 5 or so minutes now. which felt more like 5 hours. the eye contact wasn't awkward. not at all. it went on for about 2 more minutes.

until georgia interrupted their staring.

"uhh, hello?! taylor?" georgia poked taylor on the arm. taylor finally looked over at her after the second poke.

"what?" she looked at georgia, with her brows furrowed.

"well, you would know if you weren't staring at something. anyways, i was telling them they should go to your game tomorrow. it's home again right? this time it's the semifinals, i think." she guessed, looking to taylor for confirmation.

she knew she was right when she got a nod from her best friend.

"yeah. but i don't know who we play yet. we'll find out tomorrow. but yeah, you guys should totally come to the game. it'll be a good one." taylor said.

"oh yeah, we can go. can't we?" melo spoke up for the three of them. looking towards them to see if they actually can go.

"oh yeah, we can. after practice. when does the game start?"

"around 7.30, but get there around 7 for a good spot." taylor told them.

"yeah we can go then." melo said.

"you gonna come with us?" the middle child ask lonzo.

"yeah. i'll still be here. i don't go back until next week."

"that's right!" georgia exclaimed, "you go to ucla. i forgot, i thought you went to high school still."

"nah, been there, over that. kinda glad i'm done with that hell hole. my experience wasn't bad, just the teachers and the classes."

"only two more years left for us." taylor sighed while looking at georgia.

"ha! i only got two and a half more months left." gelo stated.

"yeah, if your dumb ass passes." melo said, just joking around with his older brother.

"said 'mr. 45 grade average'." lonzo said.

"hey! that's not cool dude!"

"whatever you clown."

all while this is happening, taylor and georgia are cracking up on their side of the booth.

taylor may not have been noticing. but when she started laughing, a certain light skin 15 year old boy was looking at her with so much fond in his eyes and a smile on his face.

1146 words

not edited