Kongeda and my Mission

Lexa opens her mouth but is cut off by the entrance of the flame keeper. "Heda. Lacey. I'm sorry to intrude on your private conversion. But it is almost time, we are just waiting for a few more clan members." We nod and he leaves closing the doors behind him. I walk over to my side table and pick up the black paint we all wear and begin applying the design around my eyes in the pattern I had customized for myself. After I finished I wiped the paint on a hankerchief and we exited heading towards Heda's thrown room. We entered and Lexa took her seat in the front of the room and I took my place in the crowd amongst the clans.

"Greetings my brothers and sisters. I'm calling on you today to join together and stand together against a threat to us all. To stand up against a greater enemy than any we have ever faced. An enemy to one of us is an enemy to us all. Are we not tired of losing our children? Our women? Out warriors? We must become united to defeat the Mountain Men and end their reign of terror......" I scanned the faces around me and spotted Queen Nia glaring at Heda with a dark look in her eyes. My hand slowly inched towards the knife hidden in my dress. I don't trust her after she murdered Castia and Heda banished the prince; we've all been on edge waiting to see if there is retaliation. "...which is why it is time - we form what will be known as the Coalition and one member from each clan will be branded with the mark of the coalition and will be the sole representer of each of the 13 clans, along with myself and my 2nd who will also be given the mark." My eyes switch over and I stare at my Heda, why didn't she tell me this earlier? I wasn't worthy of the mark yet, I had few kills and little war experience. What was the reasoning behind this decision? I watch as the twelve clans send a representative up to Titus who brands the mark into their skin. I watch as Nia marches up and sends a glare to me and Heda, she shoves her sleeve up her arm and barks at Titus to brand her. He stutters but raises the metal brand up to her arm pressing it into her flesh . She doesn't even flinch in fact she seems to smirk at the sound of her sizzling flesh. " Lacey." Heda calls, I step forward and make my way to Titus holding out my arm. He grips my arm and sends me a look. I clench my jaw and give a slight nod and he brings the brand into my skin. I clench my teeth together harder not willing myself to let out a noise at the searing of my flesh. The pain was white hot but I refused to let out a sound of pain. It would show weakness of the Heda and of myself which was something I couldn't allow. Titus removes the brand from my skin and I walk back to my previous spot. I look down at my arm and see the mark seared Into my skin, a mark of power. Heda walks up to the flame keeper and receives the final mark of the coalition...

After the meeting is adjourned Heda comes to me and asks me to go out and scout around the clans and the mountains to see what details I can gather on the Mountain Men. I agree quickly and am off to my room to get a good night sleep before heading off on my mission. I slip the dress over my head slinging it over the edge of a chair and kick off my shoes sliding under the furs and settling in to my bed. I close my eyes and feel myself enter into the realm of darkness.

My eyes blink rapidly adjusting to the dimly lit room, it is dawn. I slip out of my bed and walk over to my landing opening the doors and stepping foot on the concrete, I lean against the wall and look out over Polis, taking it all in. It'll be a while before I get to enjoy this view again. I scan the horizon and see the hints of orange slowly rising above the trees in the distance shedding light on my home. I look down and see that the market is slowly beginning to come to life, stalls being opened and foods beginning to be cooked and crafts made. I stay out on the landing until the sun has fully broken the tree line and then I return to my room to prepare for my mission. I skillfully braid my hair back out of my face and slip into a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt which ties in the front, I don't want to be cold so I slip on my jacket and wrap my leather guard around my stomach for a little protecting. I shove my feet into my tall hunting boots knowing they are better fit then my fur boots. I dig through my belongings searching for my backpack and fill it with a few items I know we'll be useful. I sling my quiver and bow over my back and pocket multiple daggers and strap my sword to my back. I look around my room and don't see anything that stands out particularly so I head out. I head down to the kitchen to grab some rations and to say goodbye before heading into the market to by my breakfast and lunch for the day. If I set my pace right I'll be back within Trikru territory for dinner. I head to the stables and find my steed, Lux. She was all black and her radiation effects were hardly visible. I saddled her up and strapped up my supplies to the saddle before hoisting myself up and flicking the reins. Lux gave a whinny and then began walking out of the stables, following my commands.

----

Sorry this is a little short, I've been really busy but I wanted to get a little more put out. Hope everyone is having a great week!! Happy Tuesday!!