Freedom

I slowly raise my gaze and notice the male sitting in front of  me staring at me with his hands clasped.  A boy is knocked out cold on the floor in front of Lincoln.  Eventually the darker skinned boy climbs up and the other boy leaves. The new boy sits on top of some crates and kicks his feet up watching us. 

What feels like an hour passes by before anything happens, but something happening I mean the boy leaving us alone. Finally. "Ai friend, how do yu feel? emo skai kru will kof gon chit emo did kom yu." I spat, talking quietly. (My friend, how do you feel? These sky people will pay for what they did to you.) Lincoln opens his mouth to respond but a head of black hair pops out- his little pet. 

"hey. We don't have much time." She walks over. "I brought you some water." I give a small shake of my head but the idiot drinks it anyways. I roll my eyes-pathetic-she's our enemy and he's trusting her to not poison him? She looks at me but I snarl giving a low growl noise to frighten her. Her eyes widen and she turns back to Lincoln. "Good right? I'm sorry I haven't seen you...My brothers been keeping me away. He's a total fick which you probably already figured out." I give a laugh and her head snaps up looking in my direction. I stare at her angry for showing any emotion. She looks back to Lincoln who has a small smile across his face.  "you do understand me? I knew it." She shrugs off her jacket. "Let me clean you up real quick. She grabs a cloth and rings the water out of it, wiping away the dried poultice from my skin. I glance down at my skin to see dark purple and yellow circles burned into my skin. She finished cleaning away the poultice and walks over to Lincoln re-dipping the rag and wringing it out again. She wiped slowly at his wounds, he stared down at her a glint in his eyes. "This is all my fault-I-If i hadn't freaked out so much-You'd understaand if you knew how I grew up." She dabs gently at his face.

"My name is Lincoln." A gravely voice speaks up. My eyes widen in shock. 

"Chit laik yu doing??? taim anyone finds out yu'll be tried gon treason gon trikru!" I yell, worried for my friend's safety. (What are you doing??? If anyone finds out you'll be tried for treason against trikru!) He shakes his head at me.

"What? What is she saying? What's her name? Who is she?" He stays quiet. "Lincoln.. My name is Octavia. Is that it? Is that all you're going to say?"

I dare him to speak, shooting him a glare that would kill. "It's not safe for us to talk."

"Well if it isn't safe, why did you tell me your name?" Hmph, smart girl. 

"I want you to remember me... after I'm dead." I thrash against my restraints startling her, the male from before pops up and yells at her dragging her back down the hatch and slamming the door so she can't come back. 

A few hours later the hatch re opens and Octavia apologizes to the boy giving him a bag as an apology. She looks at Lincoln before walking back down. I watch the boy open the bag and pull out jobi  nuts and pop some in his mouth. They're whole camp is eating those. My eyes flash to Lincoln. This is our chance. If we could just get loose we could get out and they wouldn't even know. I tug on my restraints sing my body weight to pull against the restraints, they wiggle a little but that's it. I wrap my hands around the restraints and pull myself up the best I can twisting a little, trying to stay quite. But my hand slips and I fall with a jerk of the chains. The boy looks up walking over. He grabs the restraints pulling them tighter-lifting me off the ground and tightening the muscles in my shoulders as I hang from the ceiling. "Knock it off."   He pulls harshly on my hair. before walking back to the crates and sitting back, eating more of the nuts.  Eventually the boy stumbles down the hatch and a few moments later Octavie comes back through the hatch with a bundle of something in her hands. She grabs a knife off the ground and cuts away Lincoln's restraints. "We need to move." She demands cutting off all of his ties. "Put these on." She gestures towards the clothing on the floor, rushing over to me and cutting me down. I stare at her, rolling out my aching shoulders, I brush past her walking over to the clothing grabbing a gray thick long sleeve with few holes, pulling it over my head. I find my scarf and wrap it around my neck pulling it up over my mouth. They destroyed my jacket so there isn't much to fix there. I grab my belonging stuffing them back into my bag and throwing it over my shoulder. I stand close to the wall and inch my way closer to the hole, watching for anyone coming. 

"Why are you doing this? They'll know you helped me." Lincoln pants from the floor. 

"Just get dressed." She demands, helping him into a red shirt. "We need to go." She helps him stand and she's obviously struggling but I make no move to help. I'm angry with him, when heda finds out it won't be good. I climb down the hole looking around but there's only a girl staring at the wall. When they don't come down I look up and see them kiss. I wrap my arm around Linccoln supporting him as we stumble out into the night. Lincoln trips over soemthing and we almost fall, when I look up there's a boy standing there staring. I reach for my knife but Lincoln grabs my hand weakly. The boy jerks his head and we step past him, I look back and see him staring as we stumble off into the woods away from the skai camp. 

"What have you done? Do you know what they'll do to you for betraying Heda? Death by a thousand cuts!" I yell stumbling on  towards Lincoln's cave.  "I saw that kiss." He stays silent. "I'm taking you home then leaving, I need to return to Heda she'll be wondering where I am." He looks down at the ground staying silent.  We reach the cave as the sun starts to rise and I help Lincoln into his bed. I give his tired form one last glance before grabbing my things and leaving. I trek back through the woods to Trikru and find the boy who I left my horse with. I give him a coin and a small shard of wax and thank him before mounting and racing off towards TonDC.