Chapter 5

"So what do you want from me?" I snarl.
"I need Tate to make bail for a start." She says, sadly sighing. "I'm finding it hard to believe my baby boy has done that."
"He needs to rot in there. Just bail your little Tatey Watey out yourself." I say, not thinking.
"I can't... I'm poor..." she sobs. "I just want him to have a normal life. He shouldn't be locked up."
Addy whispers in my ear to let him make bail.
I throw an elasticated wad of notes down to her.
"Here. Take this and bring Tate here. Pronto."
"I can't accept this!" She says.
"You can and you will!" I say.
"I'll pay you back eventually, I promise." She says.
"Don't try. I'm rich, mom doesn't notice money loss."
"Oh my god Violet. Are you sure?"
"Go on." I shrug. "I need to talk to him anyways."
She nods.
I grab some sausage rolls from home and I start to read on wattpad; before I knew it, Mrs Langdon was back with Tate.
I throw the bag down that was full of the home made flakey snacks.
Tate opens the bag and his eyes widen. "Vi..."
"Just take a few and come here. Take the rest home Mrs Langdon." I laugh sheepishly.
She nods and walks off. "See you later my baby." She kisses the top of his head and his face turns a deep crimson.
"You didn't tell them I bailed him did you?" I ask her.
"I'm not stupid Violet. Your mom wouldn't like that." She shakes her head. "I'll catch you crazy kids later."
I smile and wave her off.
I take my hair from my neck.
"Climb up!" I say.
"I can't."
I laugh. His face falls.
"Your serious?" I say. Awkward.
He nods sheepishly.
"Okay," I start, climbing down, "I'll show you!"
I give him a leg up and his legs shake and I help him put both his legs on the branch. We climb up some more branches. He sits on a branch with 2 feet on, looking effortless but very cute. I get on the far end of the branch and straddle it. I grab a leaf.
"I don't get it... why would you wanna talk to me while your in danger." Tate says, looking at me.
"Because I just wanted to tell you we should probably go separate ways now."
"Why?" He says.
"Because you won't tell me why you killed her. Killed addy." I say.
"I can't. Violet, if you aren't gonna be my friend they'll think I've spilled and then we'll all be in danger."
"Ohmidrugs are stupid dealers. If we have a good team we can beat them. Tate."
"No. There the most feared gang in the States. Maybe the world." Tate sighs. "They even have branches in Italy. They have connections to the Italian MOB..."
"So there's no chance of surviving if I don't get to know you?"
"No. Sorry Violet."
"It's fine." I say, bluntly, climbing down.
"Where are you going?" Tate says. This boy was so stupid it killed me.
"Home. To mine. You coming or not?" I say.
He nods.
"You know I am." He says.
I look behind and see Terrence from the corner of my eye. The leader. He glared at me. I read my text and gulped. It said the simplest sentence in the world. 'You know Tate." It was from Terrance. Maybe I shouldn't have anything to do with Tate but what am I to do? Just go with the ride. Looking at Tate's face made my heart drop. He was shaking in fear of being accepted. I grab his hand. "Come on Tate, im sure my mom will like you!"
"What about your dad?"
"He doesn't really like me talking to boys. Even as friends so he won't be as lenient." I shrug.
"Oh." He bites his lip.
"It's fine. Just don't dare mention addy or hell he suspicious. My dad's a smart guy. And a physicist." I emphasise the 'and'.
"I'm not crazy." He sighs.
I raise my eyebrows. We walk out the gate and I pause. "Tate, it's the ice cream truck. Do you want an ice cream?"
"If you're having it too..." he says.
I roll my eyes. "Okay." Why did this boy only do something if I'm doing it?

As I walk through the front door, dad races to me. "The police called! The boy got released. They didn't say a name. Did you get one?"
"Yes. He was Jason Smith. He moved from Italy!" I lie. My dad says that he's probably going away then.
"Who's the boy?" My dad smirks.
"Tate! He lives down the road." I reply bluntly.
"Ahh the poor one. Always a sweet boy. Nothing like this murderer!" Tate's face falls as my dad says 'poor'.
"Well, Tate's a new friend! We're going up to my bedroom..." I say as my dad turns to Tate.
"You do anything nasty to my daughter and I'll break your dick!" He says, softly as I cringe at my dad. I run upstairs with Tate and I grab the scissors. I cut out the tokens in the magazines as Tate talks to me.
"So this is your room?"
"Yeah, make yourself at home!" I said, pointing at my bed.
"That walls so boring. Why haven't you done anything to it?" He asks, sitting on my bed.
"I didn't think of anything to do with it to be honest!" I sigh.
Tate grabs the scissors out of my hand. "Let's carve our names on the wall?"
I smile as Tate scratches his full name on the wall. I write mine underneath and smile at our masterpiece. "My dad would kill us if he saw that!" I say, covering it with a red curtain. He smiles. "I like you! Your so nice to me! Why?"
"I've been taught to be civil to everyone. It's just you make me feel needed, even when you try and attack me. It scares me but it shows you need me. As long as you don't attack me..." I ramble.
"I just lose my temper a lot. I'll never attack you I promise!" Tate looks at me with a serious expression. "I don't break promises!"
"Tell me why you killed addy! I won't tell!" I say.
"I'm not sure I trust you enough already..."
I nod. I don't blame him to be honest. It takes a lot of guts to confess why you killed somebody. I look down ashamed. I was starting to like Tate as a friend as much as I hate to admit it, him being in my room made me see a side of him that's just like me and you! I just don't wanna ruin it. I grab my phone and grab a selfie with Tate, pulling funny faces. I grab my phone.
"VIOLET HARMON!" My dad screeched. He only uses my full name when I'm in trouble. Oh no!
---
SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING IN AGES. I HAD WRITERS BLOCK.
You know the drill
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
AND ILL POST SOON