Chapter 11

Skylar POV

I caught up to Andre as we were walking home. Well, I was texting Ashton, and I stopped in one spot so that I could text him, so yeah. I had to catch up to him. Bree had a soccer game today, so she wasn't able to come, until after another hour or two.

"Hey Andre." I said.

"Hey Kylee. How's life?" He asked me. He asks me that all the time, but I don't complain.

"Life's great. It's grand."

"Nice to hear that."

"So, I heard you have a date today?"

"Yeah. I do."

"Where? Any place fancy?"

"No. Just a café."

"You never take me anywhere."

"You're the one who drives me anywhere, all the time. And I don't have any money."

"And I do? I literally have to beg Mom for money sometimes."

"You liar. You have a credit card."

"Yeah."

"Could I take your credit card today?"

"I'm pretty sure you know the answer."

"Well I'm expecting a yes, so hand it over." He held out his hand so that I could give him the cars. I swatted it away.

"I'm not doing that."

"Please? I'll do anything back for you."

"No."

"Please? I'm broke."

"No."

"I won't ask you to drive me to my date today."

"I like talking to your girlfriend."

"No, not really. You think that she's kind of annoying in a way. Please?"

"No, and yeah. I do find her the least annoying, but no."

"Please?"

"Andre. No means no." Our conversation was still going when we got home as well.

"Please? Please? You know that I'm your best brother." He said. I looked up at him. He might be younger, but he still is taller than me.

"You're my only brother." I deadpanned.

"Won't you give your only brother your credit card, and let him have a peaceful date with his date?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to use my credit card."

"Why not?"

"I'm afraid that you're going to take her shopping and use up all my money, then Mom and Dad would be mad at me, and then I would be forever sad." He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Kylee, I'm taking her to Starbucks. The closest Starbucks is five minutes away. She lives two houses away, okay? The mall is like five miles away. And obviously, you won't drive us to the mall. It is going to be really awkward. And really? Do you think that we could walk five miles? And I'm not going to have anything more than a Small Frappuccino. She'll probably have the same. Last week when you went to the mall with Ashton, you spent like three hundred bucks. You won't give your little brother like fifteen bucks? Really?" Right. I didn't think of that. I sighed. Looks like I have been beaten.