Chapter 28

One week later

Skylar POV

"Mommy, Mommy! Wake up!" I felt someone sit on my stomach, shaking my shoulders.

"Go away, Angel. Let me sleep." I groaned. (Go away Anna.)

"You said that I should wake you up because work starts today."

"Just five minutes."

"Don't make me pour water on you like Grandma did." I ignored her. She's just a little kid. She won't do that. She won't dare.

I suddenly felt ice cold water on my face, and little pieces of ice fall on my face. I bolted up into a sitting position, and wiped the water off my face.

"Angel, you little- get over here!" She got off the bed, and laughed, looking at my current condition. I don't blame her. I chased her down the stairs, and I got stopped by Mom.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"She poured water on my head." I whined like a little kid.

"She's your daughter! Not my problem." I huffed, and turned around.

"Good job Angelina." I heard whispers. I turned around again, in disbelief. Mom bent down to give her a high five.

"You told her to do this?" I asked.

"Maybe." She said.

"Mom! You can't do that! You're so mean!"

"But I'm still a great Mom, aren't I?"

"Sure."

"What do you mean, sure?"

"I mean that you are great, Mom, but what did I do to you?"

"That was for not being with us for the four years you were in college."

"Be happy I'm here right now. I won't leave you. I promise."

"Good. Now go take a bath. You are soaking wet."

"Really? Because I thought I was really dry. Even dryer than the desert." I retorted.

"Don't you use sarcasm with me young lady. Go to your room and take a shower." She pushed me into my room, and into the bathroom. I closed the door after me and I brushed my teeth and showered.

After about fifteen minutes, I came out of the bathroom, and went downstairs, into the kitchen.

"Dad, you didn't go to work?" I asked Dad. He was sitting on a chair, with Angel sitting on the counter in front of him.

"No. I decided to stay home today."

"And you're going to go play golf?" He wore a baby blue polo and khaki shorts underneath that. He looked down at his outfit, and laughed.

"Psh, no. Do you really think that I would play golf?"

"Yes."

"Okay." He nodded his head.

"I see you both are having Grandpa-Granddaughter time?" Angel nodded. I sat next to Dad. "Let's have Daddy-Daughter-Granddaughter time, or Grandpa-Mommy-Granddaughter time, whatever you want to call it."

"Sure, why not?"

Then, we talked all about food. I mean, why not? We all love food. We all will throw a temper tantrum if someone takes our food without permission. That's our life. Food, food, and more food. What's better than talking about food while eating food? It's awesome.