Chapter 29

Skylar POV

I came back home after a long day, with Angel in my arms, asleep. We came home at like five in the evening. Today, it was a long day, but later, it's going to be shorter. Mostly because today, we had to meet all the different people, and befriend them.

It was fun today, other than the fact that I saw Ashton after such a long time. Sometimes, he could just get on my nerves, like the old times. Like today. He's so annoying, I feel like I want to rip my hair off of my scalp. Has this ever happened to you? Any time in your life, where someone was so annoying, that you couldn't handle it at all?

I sat on the couch, and I placed Angel on my lap, so that the side of her head was facing my chest. I kissed her cheek, and I hugged her. I'm glad she came into my life. Bree and Andre went to their rooms, since they didn't have anything else to do.

"So, how was your day?" I looked to my right, to see that Mom sat next to me. I felt the couch dip as she took a seat.

"It wasn't so tiring, it's just that my legs hurt from walking a lot." I replied to her.

She held out her hands, so that she could take Angel into her arms. I carefully scooted closer to Mom, and gave her Angel. She is a very deep sleeper, but I was still careful not to wake her up. Mom kissed her on the forehead, and looked at her lovingly. I'm glad that my family accepted her.

"Did you meet the producer?" She asked me. I simply nodded my head. "A girl? A guy?"

"A guy."

"Is he cute?"

"Funny thing is, you already know him."

"Is that so?"

"Yup."

"Who is it?"

"The guy I met four years ago. I made everyone believe that he was my boyfriend. It went well, but then crashed."

"Ashton?"

"Yeah."

"He never mentioned going into the movie industry."

"I know, right?"

"So how do you feel, you know, working with him?"

"It feels weird. Whenever I look at him, I think of what happened four years ago. When I think of that, it just feels like a bullet through the heart. It hurts so much. Then I can't control myself. I just tend to avoid him, all the time. He wants to talk to me, but I just want to stay far away from him. I want to put myself in the dark again, so that he wouldn't see me, and he wouldn't think that I'm there. Why does getting over a heartbreak take such a long time? It feels like forever until you could feel full, and be more open. Why do I feel so empty?" A tear rolled down my cheek.

I leaned my head on her shoulder and hugged her. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks, and wet her shirt that she was wearing. I didn't want to make too much noise while crying. I didn't want anyone else to feel bad for me, and I don't want Angel to wake up. Mom stroked her slim fingers through my silky hair. She kissed the top of my head, and then started rubbing my arm.

I know that I couldn't control myself. I know that I can't change someone's feelings that they have for me. I can't change them. If I could, then I would make him love me. I would make him love me, until we both die. I don't get what he sees that's so bad about me. What's so bad, that there is no way to possibly like me, but for me, I love everything about him.

I love the way he talks. I love how his voice makes my heart beat faster, how butterflies rise to my stomach when I'm with him. I love his smile. I love his scent, it's so woodsy. I love his eyes. They're brown, like chocolate, and I love chocolate. I love how he used to care for me. I love how he would kiss me before. I love how he's not afraid. And to be honest, I love how annoying he is. Everything about him, it's unique. Unique in his own way. It's beautiful.