7 | reed*

Chapter 7: Reed
Reed: noun; a character in this oh-so-wonderful book your reading :)
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
7. Reed

      I didn't bother talking to my friends the next day, I knew they would judge me for who I really am. Every time they try to talk to me I turn around and walk in the other direction.

      My leg always seems to ruin me.

      Today I finally had gym. I walked into the empty locker room and changed into my ratchet ass clothing. Consisting of long sweatpants-which I love, and a baggy t shirt that I stole from the men's section at Target.

      "Ok class today we'll be doing leg day! Grab a partner and get to work!" Coach yelled.

      All the boys turned to each other and partnered up. Left in the dust I tired to look for the remaining guy that could possibly partner with me when I heard someone yell, "Hey girly want to pair up?"

      I looked to see the source of the voice and found Dylan jogging up to me. "Don't call me 'girly'." I dead pan, not liking the nickname one bit.

      He held up his hands in surrender. "What crawled up your ass this morning?"

      I just rolled my eyes and walked over to the leg press. He took the hint that I don't want to talk and put weights on the bars. I sat down in the chair and positioned myself. I started to move my legs up and down, holding the eight easily while Dylan annoyingly talked about his football practice.

      "..... yea and than Blake came...." he said, catching my attention immediately.

      "What! Blake is in football here now!" I half yelled, trumping not to catch the attention of everyone in the fitness room.

      "Yea, you didn't hear? He's the running back." Dylan continued.

      "Shit."

      "Why does that bother you?"

      "That guys ego does not need to inflate any larger. He is so self centered and he doesn't need 'football player' on his ego resumé."

      "Jeez, you sure hate him don't you?"

      "Well no shit Sherlock."

      "Is that the only thing that is bothering you?" Dylan pushed.

      I caved. "It's my friends, they can't accept the real me anymore."

      "Hey do you want to sit with me today at lunch?"He said giving me a way out of the awkward situation that could have unfolded.

      I gave him an appreciated smile before returning to the leg press.

❁❁❁

      My legs felt like jello as I walked to the cafeteria. My legs wobbled and I had to balance myself on the wall to keep my self upright. Leg day is no joke.

      I might have one leg, but I'm always balanced and today just was not my day.

      I was nearing the cafeteria doors when my legs decided to give up on me. The world stared to fall as I fell towards the ground, but all to soon did I hit the hard,

      Wait.

      What?

      That's not the floor. I look up to see Blake Reed looking back at me with his arm fastened around my waist. His eyes had softened when he saw it was me, but than they turned hard again and he dropped me.