37 | resolve

Chapter 37: resolve
Resolve; verb: settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter).
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
37. Resolve

I pulled the hoody strings as the jacket hugged my face, the cold winter wind whipped around the grass as I trudged through the puddles as I made my way to the one place I could find Blake, in a clam state.

I passed by my dad, and the supposed Cole. Both deep deep underground, the stones marking the spot. I smiled at the memory of Cole coming home, only if my dad could do the same.

I went past the tree that had given my hidden spot away so many months ago, when I had accidentally stepped on the twig and was hunted by Blake.

The memory was starting to fade, but I kept walking towards the stone I saw Blake crouching at.

Hank Reed.
1972-2015
Loving Dad, Husband, and Son.

I've walked by this stone countless times, reading and analyzing it after I found Blake here. I stood behind Blake now, as he ignored me, clearly he had heard me coming his way.

"What the hell do you want?" Blake said angrily without taking his eyes off his dad.

"I don't want anything." I said, I sat next to him and crossed my legs as I read the scribbled writing over and over again.

"Than what do you want?" He said turning to face me as he sat down.

I ignored him. "You know I never really thanked you."

"For what?" He asked.

"For saving me from Jack, Coles friend."

He nodded. "What else was I supposed to do? Leave you to be kidnapped?"

I laughed at that. "Life wouldn't have been as screwed up." I huffed. "We wouldn't have happened, and life might have been better." I said truthfully.

"I'm glad we happened." Blake said in a whisper like tone. "Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to know you, you would have just been the girl I used to bully in Elementary school."

"You played some pretty mean pranks you know." I laughed, remember the torture that unfolded between him and I.

"It wasn't a one way street." He looked like he was daydreaming as he got lost in his thoughts. "Do you remember that time I put 7 tarantulas in your pencil pouch."

I held my stomach as I gave off a loud belly laugh. "That was terrible! I didn't open that pouch for weeks!"

He laughed and we both couldn't stop, his laugh was beautiful, his voice slightly deeper as he gave off a genuine smile; replacing the sadness that was once there. Our laughs soon died off and we sat in comfortable silence.

"You know, I didn't know what to do when you left." Blake said, the sadness returning. "You just...left. Out of no where."

"I know, and I'm sorry. There was nothing I could do about it."

"That's the sad part, there was nothing I could do about it either."

I got up and held down a hand and helped him get up, he took it and got up with ease. "Can we start over?" I asked.

He nodded and stuck out his hand for me to shake. "Friends?"

"Friends."
❁❁❁

I put the chips out in a ceramic bowl and smiled at my handiwork. The table was covered in delicious treats, brownies, chips, popcorn, Chex mix, trail mix and a butt load of sodas.

I pulled out all the best movies and set them on the side table of the couch, of course they where all Disney!

I had called everyone and demanded they come over, after all I shipped out tomorrow. I was nervous, but excited to be in the line of work I've grown to love.

The first one through the door was none other than Clara, followed by a very exhausted Dustin hot on her tail.

"What happened to him?" I asked pointing to Dustin.

"Mall."

"Oh! I would have paid to see that, why where you there anyway?"

"The Winter Ball is coming up, we went dress shopping!" Clara squealed.

They immediately went to the snacks and Clara looked like a chipmunk afterwords with all the food in her puffed out cheeks. Next through the door was Jessica, or Jess.

She looked shy at first but Clara and Dustin engulfed her in a warm welcome. The final person was Blake, he walked in with his hands in his pockets and and he was wearing a ball cap that was covering his face.

Clara stopped her stuffing and looked in his direction. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I was invited, so get off my case." Blake snapped.

I smiled, perfect group for a perfect day. After everyone grabbed a plate of food we settled on the couch and put in the Mulan disc.

She's who I aspire to be some day, best movie ever! Her courage and heroism inspires me, one day I want to play her character at Disney Land.

That's the dream.

I looked around the group, Dustin and Clara where practically spooning, Jessica and I sat sharing a blanket on the edge of the couch and Blake sat in the chair next to me and smiled at me every once in a while, singing along to the music with a grin on his face.

Scratch that, this is the dream.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: thank you all for 26,100 reads! And #90 in Teen Fiction! 💕
🤔Question: do ya'll play sports? --->
Comment•Vote•Share