q&a

[Update of Sequel at the End]

What inspired you to write Military In High School?

When I downloaded this app about a year ago, all I intended to do was read books instead of write them, but when I searched 'Military books' barely anything showed up, and the ones that did weren't very good (not trying to offend, so where very good) so I decided to write one, a book that I thought many would enjoy reading, so I wrote 'Military Girl' on a different account, but that book never caught attention, so I deleted that and tried again-and again-and again. It took a while, but I finally landed on this book idea and I loved it, so I stuck with it and kept writing :) I've always loved writing and I want to join the military when I get out of highschool, so this book was the perfect way to mix both of my interests into one!

Do you have any dogs?

Yes, I have a Bernese Mountian Dog, and she's a 100 pound dog who still thinks she can sit on your lap.

      How long did it take for your book to reach 1k reads?

      A very long time, it was about 4 months until I finally reached 1k, but after that I gained about 200-300 reads a day, once you reach a certain point it'll fly up in reads.

      Will there be a sequel?

      Yes, but I won't write it for a couple of days I'll probably publish it when it already has 3 chapters :)

      What will the sequel be called?

      That's for me to know, and for you to find out! ;) take a guess, maybe you'll be right --->

      When do you write?

Sporadically, when ever an idea pops into my mind, or whenever you wonderful readers finish a goal I use that as motivation to write more. I also write when I leave y'all at a cliff hanger and I just can't wait to get the next chapter out to you guys :)!

How do I get people to read my story?

Honestly , the biggest thing on getting reads is knowing what wattpad readers want, and that can differ on what your writing. You can add certain tags to get your story out there, and to have an interesting cover is the biggest draw for most to click on your book. It's also being on peoples reading lists, by putting the story's up there, more people have the chance to view your story. And one of the biggest is entering in contests, big or small. I recommend the purple awards and the fallen angle awards, not everyone can win a watty award on your first year of writing.

      How old are you, and where are your from, and what grade are you in?

     To be completely honest with ya'll, my family doesn't know I write, or even have wattpad for that matter. So I don't put my personal information on here just in case they see it, they are very strict and would make me take down my story's and account :(

      I can tell you though that I'm in 10th grade, and currently can't drive yet-so that sucks.

      If you could live in any country, where would you live?

I would definitely move to either Australia or New Zealand, or anywhere in Europe (France, Prague, Venice, Rome!) I'm going to Europe in two years, and I would love to just move there permanently.

Weirdest thing to have ever happened to you?

In my friends words "everything that could happen, would happen to you."

I've attended schools that have been attacked many times (sadly), I've been arrested (at the age of 9), I've been through all 3 natural disasters (hurricane, earthquakes, and tornadoes.) and that's not even all of it.

So, I don't know which ones the weirdest, but you can choose :)

When did you start to write?

My first piece of actual writing was this book, I actually had trouble growing up with reading and writing, so much so that I had to go to summer school. I had to leave class every time they read during school because I couldn't, so I would go to a special teacher, hired specially for me and she would try to help me read and write. (Key word: tried)

So, up until 3rd grade I didn't know really how to read and write (it didn't help that I have glasses) so this was kind of a test run in my ability to write.

      To get better at the whole writing thing using wattpad was a great help in getting feedback without putting myself out there for people to judge me as a person and not by my writing.

Update:

I have completed the three chapters of the new sequel, and I'm ready to publish. But on one condition, I need a cover, so if y'all want to make it don't be shy to send one in.

I'll publish once I have a new cover, for this new book. Message me if you have any interests :)))