13 | frustration*

Chapter 13: frustration
Breakdown: noun; a sudden collapse in someone's mental health
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
14. Frustration

      Cole and I fell into a heap of crying siblings on the floor. I couldn't think straight as I hugged the living daylights out of him. My arms stretched around his neck as I cried my heart out. People where staring at the same layer out in front of them, but I couldn't care less.

      My brother was finally home.

      After what felt like an eternity of hugging, I grudgingly let go of him and got up from the floor. Blake just glared at Cole, and Clara swooned.

      "Clara, close your mouth or you'll catch flies." I joked.

      Cole put his arm around my shoulders, and I instantly leaned in. Then it dawned on me, how is he alive? He died in my arms? We buried him!

      I turned towards him and grabbed his forearm. "We need to talk." I demanded. Without answering any of my friends questions on who he was, I dragged him to the janitors closet and shut the door. "Explain."

      He scratched the back of his head. He gave me a sly smile and his face turned puzzled. "What do you want me to explain?"

      "Why the hell are you alive!"

      He stopped scratching his head and turned towards me. "You thought I was dead?" He asked.

        "Well yea! We had a funeral!" A tear slipped out of my eye. "Your supposed to be dead."

      "Who told you I was dead?" He asked, still bewildered.

        "The government. Our mom. The army." I list as I count on my fingers.

      "I think they are wrong, at least I think I'm here..." he trailed off jokingly.

      "I'm not joking around Cole, you have a grave next to dads at the cemetery!"

       With the mention of dad his face hardened. He missed dad just as much as I did, if not more, he thinks him dying was all his fault. I took this time to take him all in. He still had the same build as before, and his hair was only slightly longer. His hair once bleach blonde was now a darker, dirty blonde. His face turned serious. "Why did you think I died?"

      "You got shot in Afghanistan! Don't you remember? I held you as you died."

       His face didn't hold any emotions. "Do you remember what happened after that?"

      Before I could answer, the bell rang. I slammed the janitors door open and stormed out. I needed to get out of here. Cole was close on my heels, and I knew the only way I would escape him and his questions would be to go to class.

      I headed to math as the second bell rang I walked into the classroom. I took my seat in the back and thanked the lord that I lost Cole in the hallways. Blake sat behind me in class, and for the first 10 minutes I could feel his glare on the back of my head.

       I turned in my seat and glared at him in return. He gave me a sly smile and pretended to write something on his paper. The bell rang and I ran out of the class as fast as I could. I was half way to my next class when someone grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

      Blake's green eyes where staring at me confusingly. "Why are you running away from me?"

       "I just need space. And I don't want to talk to you about what happened at your house."

       "Who was that at your locker?" He asked

      "Who? Clara?" I asked.

        "No the dude with his hands all over you. I've never seen him around before." He said while clenching and unclenching his fists.

        I laughed. I honest to goodness laughed. He was jealous! "Dude, he's my brother."

       "You have a brother! Since when?" He said startled.

        "Since when did you want to know everything." I mused.

       Without waiting for an answer I turned on my heel and left for my motorcycle. Now that I lost Cole, I can finally leave. I need to get away from these people and their questions.

       I stormed pass a group of popular kids and almost got to the door when another hand landed on my shoulder and turned me around. Expecting it to be Blake I turned around and was about to tell when I noticed it wasn't Blake, but Sydney Pink.

        Yup her last name is Pink.

        I know, it's pretty stupid.

       She was wearing a pink top crop, a pink skirt and knee high pink socks. She was carrying a pink back pack and she had a pink head band on. She was the spitting image of Barbie with her blonde hair and ideal figure.

      "Yes?" I asked.

       "You need to stay away from Blake. He. Is. Mine!" With each word she poked my chest, each time harder than the last.

      I raised my hands in surrender. "Sure, go get your Ken, he's right around the corner." I scoffed

      Right when the last word rolled off my tongue, Blake decided to come around the bend and looked at me. Sydney saw this and fell down and cried in pain. She pointed at me and yelled. "Blake help! Your girlfriend pushed me!"

That bitch did not just do that.

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: sorry for the short chapter, kinda a filler...
🤪y'all are amazing:)
Comment•Vote•Share