Howe 2 b a gud awther n generle

(pls excuse mi bad spelllling ;--;

jk jk I now howe too spel i thenk)

Alright, mind the crappy title.

So you either came here because you wanted to see what shitty excuse I had to not write a one-shit, or to just become a good writer in the first place, right? 

Well, if you've come here for the second one, then you've come to the right place! I will teach you how to get a large audience for your fanfics!

Starting with the basics...

Okay, so first off, grammar and spelling play a large part in writing fanfics. If you have a really good plot idea but you always start your sentences with lowercase letters, or have really bad grammar and spelling, then your story won't appeal to many people. You see, a common fanfic reader likes seeing those periods after every sentence and they're ability too use homophones properly. A few spelling and grammar mistakes won't take away from the fanfic, but if you want to really appeal to the average fanfic reader, then try getting a spellchecker of some sort, or reread your fanfic or any errors.

I mean, everyone is human, and humans are know to make mistakes. Just because you have a few mistakes here and there doesn't mean that no one will read your fanfic.

The topic of the fic!

If you want to see what's hot and what's not, look at some of the most popular fanfics on Wattpad, or the most popular in your fandom. You can take notes from what they've written and incorporate that into your fanfic. It's not stealing. You're just borrowing a few ideas from them.

Look at what's new, what's old, what's hot, what's not, what's cool, and the such. Maybe being original and coming up within original story of your own may give you some views, but that's rare. That's why lots of people write fanfics: because they're easy to gain popularity with. No one's going to read a story they've never heard about. They would much rather read about some characters that they're familiar with. It's sad, but that's the cold, hard truth.

If you want to write about something popular, try writing about Markiplier, Undertale, Steven Universe, Eddsworld, and the such. Those are all popular subjects on Wattpad at the moment.

Maturity and the kiddos!

Before you start writing some hot smut about two gay characters doing the forbidden sin, think about what​ your audience's age group is going to be. You're obviously not going to write a lemon featuring some characters from Paw Patrol, unless you're messed up in the head and you enjoy seeing that kind of thing. If you're going to write about an adult topic, write about something older kids and adults like.

Mary Sues and Gary Stus!

Almost every amateur fanfic author featuring themselves or their OC has a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu. And let's be honest: No one is going to take much interest in a furry vampire hybrid that has both genitals and can kill everyone they touch. Try coming up with an original character that has some personality. Don't try to make the character seem better than all of the canon characters. Instead, try making them seem like an Average Joe, and insert a few interesting powers and thing about them.

DO NOT:
•Make them several species. Try to stick with one.
•Give them a cliche name, like Rainbow Fox. Give them a normal frickin name.
•Don't try making them an agender bisexual. That's just weird.
•They all don't have to have abusive people they know and dead family members!

Violence, please!

A thing that I see in a buttload of fanfics is a character that has been or is constantly abused. And if they are, the abuser is always way too aggressive way too fast, and probably drinks and does some kind of drug.

If you've never experienced abuse, know someone who has, or vigorously studied it, then you probably shouldn't be writing a fic about it. Domestic/Sexual abuse is a lot slower and more complicated than you think. If you want to write a fic about it, do some research before you try to.

Elements of a fic!

So the beginning is where you usually introduce all of the main protagonists. You can introduce a few more later in the story, but don't do it at the very end, unless the character is some kind of secret antagonist. The beginning should usually start off light-hearted and interesting.

Then you get to the problem that the protagonist(s) has to face. It can be a person, a personal problem, or something about themselves, like a heavy drinking problem or an unstoppable addiction to heroin. During this time, the author can reveal a few more things about the character(s), like secrets and stuff. Don't include all of the juicy details in the middle. Wait until the climax.

The climax of the story is when everything gets exciting, the biggest secrets are revealed, characters die, etc. You can reveal the antagonist at this point, if they're a secret villain. Don't introduce anymore characters from this point forward.

Then the problems are solved afterwards. Everyone is happy, and the story ends.

That's how you're supposed to write a good fanfic, right?

Well, not exactly.

The structure I just built was one for your average fanfic. Of course, yours can vary a little bit from mine, or can be totally different. It'd always nice to make your story stand out from all of the others.

The end, where I insert misc. tips!

•Don't constantly switch P.O.V.s (point of views) in a story. Try doing it once or twice every chapter. It gets a bit tiring to follow along with if you do it often.

•Don't feature 500 characters in your story, or it will become hard to keep track of who's who, who does what, and so on.

•PARAGRAPHS, PEOPLE! THE ENTER BUTTON WAS DESIGNED FOR THAT! DON'T MAKE YOUR CHAPTER/STORY A WHOLE LONG PARAGRAPH!

•Give the chapters and/or stories interesting names. Think of an element of the story/chapter that makes it stand out, and name it after that.

I hoped I helped you out a bit! Also, I might be doing one of those stories where you grade people's OCs and decide whether they're Mary Sues/Gary Stus or not. Those are interesting. If you want me to do something like that, please comment! If I get 5 comments wanting me it do that, I'll do it :3

Thanks for reading! Another oneshot will be out shortly!