Chapter 8

"Allow me to introduce my squad." The seven people behind him more or less lined up Yukimura introduced them left to right. "Second in command, Sanada Genichiro." So that was who Mr. Order was the previous night. No wonder he had his pride hurt when Echizen hadn't properly apologized. "Yanagi Renji, our marksman. Yagyuu Hiroshi, born with the M-Gene for Telepathy. Niou Masaharu, M-Gene for Cloning. Marui Bunta, M-gene for Illusion. Jackal Kuwahara, our powerhouse, and Kirihara Akaya, M-Gene for Fire."

All of them bowed. "We look forward to training with you."

"Now then, if you're all up to it, why don't we start?" Yukimura smiled.

Tezuka stole a glance at Echizen who was surprisingly stoic. "I don't see why not."

"Oi kid, what did you say your power was?" Marui asked

Echizen rolled his eyes and smirked inwardly at the extremely annoyed look on Sanada's face. "Electricity."

"Interesting." Hiroshi said. "Surely your power is added by the storm then?"

He shrugged. "Something like that."

"Would you care to elaborate?"

"Not really." Hiroshi twitched.

Ryoga smacked his brother behind the head. "He can sense when storms are coming and- more or less make them arrive quicker."

"Wait wait," Kirihara quickly said. "Are you saying he can control the weather?"

"Not exactly but since he can sense the electricity in the air- I guess in a way he does."

"This should be entertaining." Jackal said.

"What type of training did you have in mind Yukimura-san?" Fuji asked.

"Based on the information we received, we've agreed that putting him in a simulation might help. Hiroshi and Marui should be more than able to handle it." Renji smirked.

"If you think that's what will help then by all means." Fuji said. Echizen shrugged and walked with Marui walked to the center of the room.

"Niou, get the machine." Sanada said.

"What machine?" Ryoga asked.

"Think of it as a lie detector but except it measures the state of emotions felt at that time." Niou walked over to Echizen and wrapped a strap around his arm. He then walked back to the two groups and handed the reader to Yukimura.

"Halucinatio." Marui said as the whole room seemed to ripple quickly.

"Anteoccupatio." Hiroshi waved a hand towards the group. "That should allow you to see what we do."

"What are you going to do exactly?" Kawamura asked.

"We're going to explore the extent of the negative feelings. Sorrow and guilt intertwine and from what you told us, they are somewhat his faults. We're going to try to see if we can see why."

"So you're going to be prodding around in his head during all of this?" Momo asked.

"I'm going to try to find a subconscious or memory that started it. Marui and I will be linked so if I find something that contains information, he'll know and change his illusion to match it." No one noticed Ryoga twitch at that. "That should help us to achieve the information we need." He turned to Echizen. "Just so you know you will be reliving the memories in a way. Are you ready?"

"Let's just get this over with. I don't like the idea of someone going through my thoughts." Echizen said as the three of them sat in a circle.

He held a hand at Echizen's head. "Ut videam." The room suddenly began to morph and soon the Seigaku squad found themselves watching a familiar scene.