Chapter 17

It was hard to believe that what everyone was doing was training. For three days, practically the whole base was involved in a giant paintball fight.

After the first day cleanup, which took up the morning and somewhat went to the afternoon, the main participants were brought into a room to review footage of when they had been hit and what they could've done to prevent or avoid it completely. That whole ordeal went on to just before dinner was being served.

They all thought that was the end of the day and they could relax until starting again the next day because Masa didn't tell them anything except to go eat. Half the group went to shower while the others went over plans in the Seigaku room, mainly because it was a bit bigger, much to Atobe's displeasure.

Unfortunately for them, it couldn't have been that simple.

Both groups were attacked and the base was once again filled will yelling, mainly from the shower group which had been running around in nothing but towels for the good part of two hours before they were able to make it safely to their rooms in order to change.

The second day they were attacked during lunch, or at least there was an attempt. Echizen was sleep deprived and hungry and not in the mood for his meal to be interrupted. As soon as he noticed a gun, the tossed a fireball and melted the front of the barrel and told whoever it was to get lost. Inui made a note that Echizen seemed more perceptive when tired.

Training was like that for three days; being attacked for hours on end, stop for a meal, think they're safe only to be attacked again. They only knew they were definitely safe when Masa or Natomi told them they were allowed so many hours for sleep. The only reason it stopped was because everyone was thoroughly done with it. Before they were all able to sleep, they came up with a plan that would for sure (hopefully) stop the hell they were going through.

It started with Echizen overloading the circuits strictly inside the building, with a few exceptions, causing the generators to kick in, which left the base in an eerie yellow lighting for a about an hour while Ryoga went around and froze the ends of the cords, disconnecting them from the base first; no power meaning no security cameras, decently working radios or lights. Lights that were on completely separate circuits were left to Choutarou to deal with and Momo had used seeds to block out the light from the windows. The base was in complete darkness. The only places that were spared were the med lab, which was off limits anyways, and the kitchen.

The base was in absolute chaos because everyone thought it was a Chargarde attack but when the group of boys was nowhere to be found, Ryuzaki, Natomi, Masa, as well as some of the other commanders realized it was their doing and- though it let them breathe easy seeing as it wasn't an actual attack on the base- they were not any less angry with them for pulling something like that and were a bit concerned that a group of young adults and a teenager would be able to take down their power system so easily.

Masa and Natomi split their soldiers into twenty groups of ten equaling two hundred soldiers, ten for every one boy plus some extra, that were ordered to look for and capture their targets, bringing them to the canteen so they could explain themselves.

The whole thing took roughly six hours for everyone to be brought back but no one said a word until everyone was there and even then, through the nameless commanders' yelling, no one spoke. It wasn't until Ryuzaki told them to cut the crap that something unexpected happened.

One by one the boys were surrounded in a green glow then faded from existence, all except Echizen who sat with his hands behind his head and a smirk on his face.

"Mada mada dane."

He, along with Ryuzaki, Masa, and Natomi were surrounded in ice. When a minute passed the ice was gone and everyone else in the room was lying on the floor in a daze. The doors to the canteen opened and the rest of the group was standing there.