01.

01. ♔ TICK TOCK

      TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK

TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK... Gideon Reinhart kept her large dark eyes fixed on the grainy ceiling, the ticking wall-clock distracting her from her thinking. The soft mattress under her slightly squeaked as the snoring boy next to her wrapped his arms around her waist, the boy sleeping soundly. Gideon smiled to herself, looking over at her boyfriend before taking a look at a large dark bruise that covered his bare shoulder. Her smile disappeared, the over-thinking coming back as she thought about her boyfriend's proposal.

~

"Come on, G! Help us protect Starling City. You know you want to help, I don't know why you hesitate so much!" Dillon Creed pressed. Gideon smiled, looking over at her boyfriend.

"I don't know, Dillon. I don't think your buddy Oliver Queen likes me enough to let me join his crusade." Gideon stated with an uncertain shrug of her shoulders.

"Felicity Smoak will be there, too. She doesn't do any physical fighting, but she's pretty badass with a computer." Dillon informed her, trying to convince her to join them. Dillon wrapped his arms around Gideon's waist, pushing her back and onto their large bed.

     "I don't know, Dillon..." Gideon repeated with a sigh, laying back on the bed, her head resting against the soft plush pillows. Dillon frowned and nodded.

     "Just think about it, alright?" Dillon pleaded and kissed Gideon's cheek, shutting off their bedroom light as they crawled into the cold sheets together, leaving Gideon in deep thought.

~

  Tick, tock, tick, tock. Gideon Reinhart was trouble, she wouldn't deny it. She'd gotten herself out of very tricky and sometimes even dangerous situations, all on her own. Breaking and entering was something Gideon had done a few times growing up, although she wasn't particularly proud of doing so, but growing up as poor as she did, she deemed it necessary at one point. She always knew how to cover her tracks and become nothing more than a shadow, a ghost.

Gideon sat up, looking over at the clock that read four a.m, the constant ticking almost driving her mad. Her sudden movement woke Dillon from his peaceful slumber, making him slowly rise and stare at her through squinted eyes.

"Gideon? Are you alright?" Dillon mumbled worriedly with a raspy and sleepy voice. Gideon smiled, laying back down onto the bed as she leaned forward and pecked Dillon's lips softly.

"I'm in." She mumbled.