04.

04. ♔ HOSPITAL VISITS

     GIDEON WAS ANXIOUS TO arrive to Central City, the traffic was getting on her nerves

     GIDEON WAS ANXIOUS TO arrive to Central City, the traffic was getting on her nerves. She let a frustrated sigh out of her system, not knowing how to make herself feel better. Giving up, she switched on the radio, the music began playing and her mood was almost immediately improving.

     "Girl you know I want your love, your love was handmade for somebody like me." She awkwardly sang along with the catchy lyrics, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel and dancing in her seat along with the beat.
She continued to sing until she turned to look to her left, looking at an elderly man in another vehicle giving her an awkward stare as his brows stood raised and his mouth slightly agape. Gideon cleared her throat, sitting still and staring straight ahead at the end of the traffic.

Just ignore him, Gideon. Just ignore him.

      After seemingly endless hours of driving from Starling City to Central City, Gideon finally made it into her home, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafting into her nose as soon as she walked inside.

     "Welcome home, little Gideon!" A familiar male voice called out. Gideon smiled at the sight of her older brother, Parker Reinhart, laying out a tray of cookies on the wooden kitchen table, his arms open and ready for a hug. Gideon chuckled, setting her keys down on a glass table by the door and her coat on the couch in the living room as she sped towards Parker and engulfed him in a bear-hug.

     "Hey, I'm only two years younger than you, Parky poo." Gideon teased as she poked her index finger into Parker's chest. Parker growled, giving Gideon a playful punch in return. Gideon looked up to see a look of sadness in Parker's eyes and she frowned. She knew what was coming next. A talk about her dead boyfriend.

     "Look, uh... I never got the chance to tell you how sorry I am... about Dillon..." Parker said softly, as if saying it any louder would shatter the heartbroken girl. Gideon frowned, nodding her head and looking down as Parker ran his hands up and down her back comfortingly.

     "I'll be okay." Gideon stated as Parker nodded, sighing.

     "I know you will. You're strong." Parker reassured her before pulling away from the embrace. "I uh... I better get going." Parker said, "I just wanted to welcome you to Central City." It took Gideon a few seconds to think before she nodded with a smile.

     "Alright, say hello to Anna for me." Gideon said with a smile and a sniffle. Gideon wasn't exactly a fan of Anna Jackson, but she was, after all, Parker's fiancé and Gideon knew how happy the woman made her brother. She couldn't get in the way of her brother's happiness, no matter how annoying she found her future sister in law.