02.

02. THE ARROW CAVE

     THE COMFORTING FEELING of Dillon's warm and soft hand finding it's way into Gideon's colder and smaller one made her nerves slightly fade as they walked down the stairs of Verdant and into the basement

     THE COMFORTING FEELING of Dillon's warm and soft hand finding it's way into Gideon's colder and smaller one made her nerves slightly fade as they walked down the stairs of Verdant and into the basement. Verdant: a club which Oliver Queen, aka the vigilante known as the Arrow, built above his secret hideout.

       Dillon lead Gideon through the empty nightclub, his hand slipping out of hers and resting on the small of her back as they approached a door towards the back of the club. Dillon typed in the security code for the large metal door, pulling the door open as he pushed Gideon through and followed after her. He intertwined his fingers with Gideon's as they walked down the long concrete steps. A single person stood in the center of the large basement, staring at the many computers in front of him.

       Gideon was quick to notice multiple glass boxes with steel mannequins wearing what seemed to be superhero outfits, steel tables covered with medical equipment and boxes, while others held varieties of weapons and ammo and tools. Meanwhile, another table held a couple desktops and electrical things, with what seemed to be a salamander ladder in front of it and a large space that seemed to be used for possibly working out.

       The sound of shoes hitting against the concrete floor made the one and only Oliver Queen turn to face the couple. His face held a blank expression and his arms remained crossed as he examined the couple that walked in. Gideon eyed Oliver as she and Dillon approached him. Gideon examined the way he stood and the expression his face held, trying to find something, some kind of emotion or secret within his slightly frightening and intimidating blue eyes. Oliver Queen was, to say the least, unreadable. You could never really know what was going through his head, but Gideon was just as good at hiding.

     "Dillon." Oliver greeted Dillon with a bow of his head and then turned to Gideon, "Gideon."

     "Oliver." Dillon responded. Gideon smiled and nodded in reply, keeping her hand in Dillon's before he soon released her hand, leaving behind a wisp of cold air that made her miss his comforting touch.

     "I thought about what you said to me the other day, Dillon." Oliver cleared his throat before continuing. "If Gideon wants to, she is more than welcome to join, but at her own risk. She knows what she's getting herself into with us." Dillon smiled, his arm slithering around her waist after as his hand grabbed onto her hip.

     "Thank you, Oliver." Dillon thanked. Oliver gave a hum and a nod, turning back to look at his green suit that neatly stood in a glass case. At first, Oliver was skeptical. He didn't know if it was a good idea to "hire" Gideon, and allow her to work with them, but he'd seen her in action and Dillon said she was a badass on the field. It took some time, but Oliver was later convinced and decided to give her a chance.

     "Remember to think throughly about what we do here. This is a dangerous job." Oliver informed. Deep down, he sort of hoped Gideon or Dillon would change their minds about it, but Gideon only nodded.

     "Yes, I know." Gideon replied, "I'm capable of defending myself, but I appreciate your concern." Gideon said in attempt to sound confident. It wasn't that she doubted herself, but something about Oliver made her feel small and a bit useless.

     "You're also going to need some kind of disguise." Oliver reminded. Gideon nodded.

     "I'll get right on it." Gideon said with a nod. Oliver gave them a quick nod before making his way out of the room without another word and leaving Dillon and Gideon in their lonesome. Dillon turned to look at her, leading her up the basement stairs and out of Verdant. He wrapped his arms around Gideon's waist and pulled her in tighter into his embrace, a small smile on his face as he leaned down and attached their lips. The couple pulled away and rested their foreheads against each other, staring deeply into one another's eyes before Dillon broke the peaceful silence.

     "Welcome to the team, G."