07.

07. OFFICER PRETTY-BOY 2.0

     GIDEON SAT AT HER DESK, working  as usual with a cup of coffee in one hand and a case file in the other

GIDEON SAT AT HER DESK, working as usual with a cup of coffee in one hand and a case file in the other. Gideon's eyes suddenly shifted upwards to look at an approaching officer, his footsteps being what had caught the young woman's attention, who held a single red rose in hand and a warm smile on his face. Gideon smiled softly at the familiar sight.

"Good morning, Gideon." The young officer greeted nervously. The man was fairly new to the CCPD, he and Gideon had met two months ago, and ever since, he always brought her a rose. Gideon thought it was sweet of him, but her chest also ached every time he brought her a rose. She knew he was attempting to win her over, but she also knew she didn't want anything serious at all with him, and she didn't want him to think she was falling for him, but she also didn't want to be rude and reject his gifts.

"Good morning, Toby." Gideon greeted and smiled, reaching over to Officer Toby Collins's outstretched hand and taking the red rose from his shaky grip. "You know, you don't have to bring me roses everyday, Toby." Gideon said as she placed the rose towards her nose, smelling it softly. "Thank you, Toby." Toby smiled, licking his lips nervously and letting out a soft breath.

"It's no problem Gideon, really," He took a step closer towards Gideon's desk and tapped his fingers on the hardwood surface. "I was wondering if, maybe, you'd like to go out to lunch today. You know, only i— if you wanted to." Toby scratched the back of his neck, afraid of being rejected. Gideon smiled, thinking for a moment before placing the rose into a vase almost full of other red and white roses, also from Toby, that sat next to her computer.

"Sure, Toby. I would love to." She said with a nod. Toby's large blue eyes lit up, his pearly white teeth showing as he happily grinned from ear to ear.

"Great! Uh, I'll come by at three?" He questioned excitedly, holding a thumbs up as if asking if she was okay with the hour. Gideon gave him an approving thumbs up, giving Toby a smile as he walked back to his own desk and Gideon simply got back to work.

A few hours later, at the sound of vibrating, Gideon groaned, pausing her work to search through her purse to find her ringing phone.

"Hello?" She answered and held her phone up to her ear, placing her purse back onto the ground besides her.

"I've got some good news for you, white hat!" Gideon continued on her work while rolling her eyes at the nickname, resting the phone on her shoulder.

"Spill, Cisco," She said. Cisco was quiet for a moment, which made Gideon cock a brow. "Um, hello? Cisco?"

"Sorry, got distracted. Anyways, there's been a few changes in Barry today, he's doing much better and he even started to move." Cisco informed. Gideon's entire face lit up at the news and her eyes widened, she stopped typing and held her phone properly.