Alas, It's Starting

It had been six years since the incident of me blacking out. My people had been worried for me even though they hated me. I didn't know why they felt that way, them worrying is seems to be a matter they do out of my sight.

Mother didn't leave me alone and took great care for me. Father also took a day off to see how I was doing and even my brother whom I saw breaking my friend's heart in 'that place' came. I wanted to hate him, but I knew that he hasn't done anything as of yet.

With them surrounding me I realize how blessed I was. But I can't continue to live as it is. I need to be removed for these people's happiness. Because I am the cause of everything when the time comes.

Time to time I can hear the voice in my dreams. Sometimes showing me fascinating things that made me fill with wonder and things regarding my future. Knowledge those are strange that our society doesn't consider making success slowly improving the lives of each citizens of that strange place. I tried to implement some of that knowledge and made some surprising results much more than what was stated and shown by the voice. Now every time I dream something like that emptiness I records them in a notebook hoping for it to help my family once everything is over. And hopefully my dear friends will benefit from it.

For years I have made some actions that are unbecoming for a noble lady. Despicable acts which I really can't bear to do. I repaid the people whom I had made my victims for my ploy with great care unknown to them. Making sure they wouldn't suffer a lot because of the inconvenience that I had caused them.

Remembering how foolish I was in those images from back then, I was then able to see the real emotions behind the smiles of the prince gives me. They hold neither warmth nor any affection, just pure manners that a gentleman should have. I wanted to change those at first but throughout the years he never responded to my efforts that I stopped completely for the benefit of the both of the two of us. Everything that I saw from that place is becoming real as we were sent to the academy.

"Teresa?" A soft voice called me out of thoughts. There sitting a woman with blonde hair and green eyes. She was Laura Homely daughter of the Duke of Hamilya and my brother's fiancée. She was one of the women in that vision that was wreck so much after my brother annulled their engagement.

"It's nothing Laura." I said to her." I'm just tired from our trip and nervous for our upcoming ceremony."

We are now at the academy which we were required to attend. To Nobles it is mandatory to attend and learn in it and as for the commoners those who are talented are bought here. Under the motto of 'Seeing and living as equal the country shall improve' everyone learnt to put a mask on. Righteous some nobles are, but most are sometimes too haughty and rude disregarding the real core of a noble should. I am also the same as I am a vile woman as the voice told me.

Every year of every school year a ball was thrown by the Academy. It was a tradition ever since the establishment of the Academy to hold one to welcome the students. Nobles don't have problems with it such as I, but that is not the case this time for me. After all this is the 'opening event' for that woman to steal our fiancés.

"Now that you remind me. I'm now nervous." Laura said." I hope your brother will welcome us first before the others."

Remembering what is waiting for us beneath grand splendor of the school made me smile bitterly. Calming Laura and myself I said." Everything will be fine. We'll see and take care of each other time to time."

Laura laughed at me as she heard my words. Her anxiousness had disappeared like any other time I say something similar." Sometimes I don't understand why you do not trust men other than your father. Your brother will take care of us and there's also your prince. But anyway thanks for cheering me up."

Any time Laura...any time. After all we cannot always depend on men. Your fate will differ as I will save you from it...and men will always be the reason of our sadness. Hope you'll like my gift in the future.

Edited:5/5/17