Let It Be...

Now the scene is like of that dream of mine years ago. He stood there with his blue hair being blown softly by the wind. That woman in his arms. And I stand in the center of the crowd being ridiculed of how unbecoming of a noble I was.

"Pray to tell dear prince of what offense this one had committed?" I said calmly despite the clamor around me. I already knew how things will end, but let's act until the very end.

"You, Teresa Sinh had committed a lot of crimes." Gregory started." From simple harassment to an attempt in harming Lady Amira. Do you deny such actions?"

I stared at them who are accusing me who didn't do a single thing. No word was uttered by my mouth, but they think that I was only speechless of them finding out of my 'crimes'. I scanned my eyes to the crowd and I saw some afraid to meet my gaze and some who seems to gloating of their accomplishment. They are the people whom I found out to be the reason of my current situation. And the reason that I will perish to matter what even if I did manage to make my prince to love me and become the queen. It was their scheme that is very deep that I couldn't dissolve until this moment.

I then looked at the couple in front of me and smiled. "Yes, I did them."

They were taken aback of my confession. Gregory then regained his composure and spoke." Since you admit them. I feel ashamed of being in a relationship with you."

I prepared myself of the coming words. Making sure I wouldn't cry and be a dignified daughter of a duke should be. Telling myself that there was never been an us, even if were acknowledged as one in public.

Eyes alike what I saw those years ago and words same as those being uttered by him. "I Helton, Gregory crown prince of Ludus break my engagement with Sinh, Teresa of the Dukedom of Sinatra."

They might have expected me to throw a tantrum and beg the prince to withdraw his statement. But apologies to them I refuse to do so. To the man I loved I will truly do those, but this man never considered nor had looked at me who supported and loved him lots. So why would I lower myself to such man? I truly do love him and crazy for him. Never did my affections weaver even when I gained knowledge about mine and his future. So if ever someone would know of what I knew will understand me that I want to preserve last bit of dignity I have.

I smiled and said. "Thank you." For everything.

I bowed and went to my place of refuge. A hidden place on the beautiful garden of the Academy only I knew. A place where I have personally planted with seeds that now blooms beautifully to mark my existence in this school. That I once went and studied here had fought and protected my dignity as a woman. I stayed there for a while to calm myself. To hide the tears that I have held for so long.

On my way back to the dorms I encountered my brother and friends. I knew that they had been looking for me after they had heard the news of my annulment. I made sure that they won't be present of that moment as they would destroy everything I worked so hard. I don't want them to be enraged for my sake. This is needed to be done.

They say words of comfort that had warmed my heart. They even said that the accusations against me are biased and unjust. And they also scolded me for my foolish actions of acknowledging the crimes I didn't commit.

We talked and spent time together before I excused myself to retire. I went to my room and was greeted by my personal maid. I made her retire for the night and be alone once again. I also said my gratefulness for her trying to save me.

I know that she really didn't leave but rather stayed outside the door. I know and I wouldn't blame her of what she is about to commit. She has no choice as I know that people always choose their own selves before others in face of death. We are still humans no matter how much we overcome our limits. Like what had happened to me years ago that leads me to comatose.

The fact was that I can't wake up for tomorrow even if she wouldn't move. Their poison had long eroded my body and has been its potency escalated ever since I entered the school. It's either she will kill me with a weapon and make it look like it was suicide or put a bottle of poison beside me for it to look as one. The ending will still be the same.

Humming to myself I went sleep. Peacefully and full of calmness that most don't possess. I left everything fulfilled and arranged for my love ones for me to not to sadden them more that I already have.

On my dream I saw a woman who is very familiar to me, but I can't remember where I have seen her. She smiled at me as she gestured me to come near her. We talked and have a good time.

All of the sudden our surroundings had become too bright. I woke up. Which I did not expect as from what I knew I should be dead by now. The woman in my dream appeared and held my hands then she lead me somewhere. We went out the Academy and went to many places. I even saw our mansion and my garden. When we arrived at the place where she wanted to bring me, she welcomed me to the place saying." Welcome... dear Teresa."

Edited:5/5/17