Epilogue: Thank You

Ever since I was born I have been able to understand. How my time had stopped for a two years before I was able to breath to live again. To how chaotic the situation of this kingdom is, to the grief of our land and to their anger to the king my father. I knew them.

For three years I have been raised away from my mother's blood relatives for my own safety. If they were to have seen me when I still a baby they might go crazy and make extreme actions for my own good. Not that I will blame them. Those people are still unpunished and if they saw me they might also kill me like mother.

For my first two years after my sleep can be said to that I was learning and trying to understand everything. My mother's abilities and maturity was passed down on me. Her features were also on me from her hair and gender except my eyes that were alike my father's. Gina and Malory did not have a lot of problems regarding me and my life had been quiet and peaceful.

When I reached my fourth birthday they let me see my mother. Since then had been visiting her grave. Her resting place was beautiful and peaceful. It was in the town where she had shown her abilities as a ruler. The place where she left her mark to our land.

Upon the times I spent in there I begun to think of her situation and my situation. She was beautiful maiden of Sinatra. A wise and fair ruler. A good woman and a bad woman. To love she fell and died. Have given birth to a child in secret to her man. Made him forget of that fateful night they spent together as her act of selfishness. To protect him and to be still be able cherish him in shadows.

I, her child was born when she was fifteen. She speeds up my time in her womb and froze my time upon my second day of life. It hurts her to make the decision, but she had no choice. To protect me and father she has to.

A year ago my father ascended to the throne. I was five years old but my body is of three years old at that time. In heard that on his rule that her wife is only a figure head, but in actuality it was his mother the one who has the final word. Even he my father has no real power against his own mother.

For my four years of life I hated my father's mother. She was the root of all. Why I don't have a mother... a normal family like everyone else has. How I feel wasted for my mother's life being lost because her desires and how our land is slowly descending to chaos. I loathe her.

I wonder why my mother loves my father. So I took a peak of my mother's life. Apparently it is her ability to look unto time and life, and I'm surprised to know she had lived a lot of different lives as different people. I only been able to peek on three of them before being pushed out of her the piece soul that she left for me to peek. She had envisioned me of being curious of her life, her knowledge, and how she died. She doesn't want me to search for answers far as she wants me to move on earlier. She does not want be to be sad at the same time want me to accept that reality is not always sweet.

After my fifth birthday I was introduced to my uncle. Every one of the household accepted me and loved me. Uncle, grandpa, grandma, auntie and even my three year old nephew wants me to bear the family name. They do not want me to be away and disappear like mother, so under the disguise of adoption they made it possible.

For times they kept an eye for me. Making sure I was ok... not hurt, not in pain and not lonely. My mother's death made them like this. Just what would the whole Sinatra will do if they knew I was my mother's child? Would they be like this as they too had loved and still love my mother? That would be over the top. Hope it's just my wild imagination.

Years had passed by since I was 'adopted' to the house. The king, my father had been visiting uncle in order to take back his authority as a king. We've never met. They wouldn't allow it as I also avoided him. Not that I hate him or loath him, but because I am the key for him to remember of some memories that mother sealed from him. It's not that strange though as I generally do have much appearance in society that most don't remember my face.

Seasons came and go and I am now fifteen. The age as mother bore me. Father had been successful on regaining what is his and he had seen me. Back then when he saw me, he broke down. Many emotions bombarded him as he keep on asking 'why did she choose such choice?', 'If she truly loves me why did she conceal her sufferings?' And many more as he cannot accept her decisions that led them like this.

"Father she made her choice all in benefit for you. For you to mature, to realize, to see and to be perspective as a ruler. She saw you as her light as you have something she doesn't have and that is your naivety and impulsiveness. She doesn't have them as her brain would always think before her body acts. Maybe the only time she acted without her thinking would the time you two created me. That time when you to were both honest to each other."

Father turned to a new leaf and became a wise king. He wanted me to come to his side and become a princess I should be, but I declined him. My chances of dying are high in there as his wife is not as innocent as she is portrayed to be. I'm satisfied being a daughter of a duke, where I am protected and loved. It is enough as life is already good to me, so why be greedy?

Thus I vowed to love our home more. Became an honorable woman of our land. And be a loving person as mother was. Became a woman and selfless mother for my future child, like her who sacrificed for me her child to live in peace.

"Mother, Thank you for the gift of life. Thank you for making a chance for me to see the good and bad of the world. For protecting us and loving us."

Thank you...mom.

-The End-

Edited:5/18/17