Inevitable

His fingers itched to sketch something.

That in particular something was the gorgeous dark haired woman he met the day before.

Y/n settled on drawing something else instead. The beautiful pond beside the bench he was sitting at in the park, located just on the fringe of his neighborhood was a lovely subject. The beams of sunlight shone down onto the glossy surface of the small, but structured pond. A small footbridge arced its way over the middle of the quaint little body of water, and small groups of koi fish swam throughout its shallow waters. Stones and pebbles embedded themselves along the bank, and some were loose, and were usually moved by little kids who loved to play along the edge of the calm surface.

The gentle splash of the pond was heard as a young boy wandered over to the edge, as if to see what was with the water. Y/n thought about drawing this little boy, but decided against it, since he did not know the small child, for the kid might have a problem with it.

He pursed his lips and his brow creased as he scratched his pencil on the pad of drawing paper he brought with him to the park on bright, sunny days like this. Y/n had long ago decided that drawing outdoor scenes were quite difficult to him, other than his usual subjects– Camila, and...well, Camila. Oh, and the occasional bowl of fruit provided him a change. A boring change, but a change nonetheless.

The reason behind deciding that outdoor scenes were the most difficult thing to draw was simple– there were too many details. Details of the blades of grass, leaves of trees, flowers, the way the wind was blowing, how the water looked, and various other variables were held into account when he drew a nature scene.

Nature was beautiful, but beautiful things were complex.

Y/n looked up from his notepad and studied the details of the bridge. It was made of wood, with small carvings of roses engraved throughout, and it arched in a medium height. Looking back down to his paper, he took his pencil loosely between his fingers– her strokes would look stained if he held the pencil tightly, he realized early in his career– and began to sketch the bridge, curving gracefully over the pond he had drawn earlier that morning.

Y/n was so engrossed in his work that he didn't hear the crunching of grass as someone approached him and peered over his shoulder, curious eyes observing his work.

Scratch...

It was silent for a moment with only the sound of the pencil scraping against the paper and the cool, mid-afternoon wind making the slightest noises. It remained that way until the person spoke in a quiet, controlled tone.

"It's quite good."

Startled out of his drawing reverie, Y/n sat erect and turned his head in attempt to find out exactly who it was who had been behind him all this time, only to be met with a pair of familiar green eyes that were softened and looking intently at the drawing in his lap. "Oh..it's you...from the café."

The dark haired girl gave a friendly, teasing smile, "You don't remember my name, huh?"

"Oh..." Y/n mumbled slightly, giving her a glance before reaching back into the recesses of his mind to remember her name, the name that had been plaguing him for the past couple of hours that he had been drawing, "...it's Lauren, right?"

Lauren closed her eyes and smiled brighter, "You're right." Opening them once more, she looked at the paper, entranced by it again, "I was going to feel awfully stupid if you didn't remember me."

How could I forget such vibrant eyes? Y/n thought, And the fact that she has been on my mind ever since yesterday helps...

He settled for saying something less...creepy, "So...do you remember my name?"