Portrait

The dark haired girl stood on the curb of the street outside of her apartment, slender fingers tightening around the fabric of her skirt as she did so. Lauren gave a heavy gulp and exhaled as her emerald eyes looked out to the street, searching for the familiar figure of the artist that she was supposed to meet here so he could take her to his apartment to...sketch her.

Now, the concept itself wasn't making her nervous. She had no problem with being drawn by him, since she knew him fairly well, they got along, and he really didn't seem to have any psychotic tendencies whatsoever. That's always a plus, Lauren told herself, remembering the loads of guys who came up to her and hit on her and asked her things that had her wonder if she would actually end up dead by the end of the night.

But she could tell Y/n wasn't like that at all. He was kind, sweet, considerate, albeit a little distant at times, but apparently that's what Lauren liked in a man. Well, at least her only ex-boyfriend was like that. The bastard. She cursed before shaking her head.

No! Don't think about that! You're about to be drawn by this totally handsome man who just happens to have an extremely sweet disposition and he cares for you...and who has a girlfriend. Don't forget that, Lauren. Can't forget that one detail.

Because if she forgot that one little piece of information, she might end up doing something she would regret.

I'm an idiot.

"Lauren?"

The emerald eyed woman stiffened to attention, realizing that she had gotten lost in her thoughts. Turning to the direction of the voice, she was met with a pair of soft, hazel orbs, "Y/n! Good morning." She gave a bright smile to the man.

"Good morning to you as well," Y/n greeted in return. "Are you ready?"

Lauren gave a rough laugh, "Of course."

"Then let's go."

The two walked to Y/n's apartment in silence, with the occasional comment on the weather, sports, or some other random topic Lauren could think of to disturb the silence between them, she ended up wondering aloud to herself, "Mani never came home last night..."

Y/n commented on this, though Lauren had not intended for this to be a topic of conversation, "Well, you said she was in a very serious relationship so, I'd assume she'd most likely stay the night, right?"

"Hm? Oh, I'm sorry, I was thinking out loud." Lauren laughed, scratching the back of her head with her hand, "But yes, you're probably right. She just hasn't been home a lot lately...

"Oh, you poor thing." Y/n said in mock pity.

Lauren chuckled as the two continued to make their way to Y/n's apartment complex. She walked side-by-side with the brunette, and despite his long legs propelling him farther than her own, he slowed his movements in sync with hers. She gave him a sideways glance, taking in his features for what seemed like the millionth time - strong face, a gaze that was both intense yet soft at the same time, lips that she tried not to look at for fear of blushing, sharp jawline... Her eyes dropped to his flat stomach, most likely toned, as were his arms that were exposed in a short sleeved tee. The rippled muscle of his arms could be seen, without him even flexing them. She looked at his strong, powerful legs, and she could see well-developed calves due to the slim shorts he wore. Out of curiosity, her eyes drifted upward and focused on his bottom...

She needed to stop tempting herself with this forbidden fruit.

Lauren shook her head with embarrassment as a blush crossed her features. Sighing with somewhat exasperation, she dug her fingernails into the flesh of her opposite arm to quell her hormones.