When It Rains

It was a great "date".

Not only was the food exceptionally great, he got to talk with the girl he had been fascinated with for just a few days.

Both of them ate gratefully, chatting up a storm about various topics, such as occupation, ambitions, dreams, relationships, and many other things with which other people would find boring, but Y/n and Lauren found them instantly mesmerizing, for they were able to find out so much about each other in such a small amount of time.

"What do you usually paint in your pictures?" Lauren asked, looking up to meet his eyes with hers, her food now gone and only a few crumbs remained on her plate.

"Oh...well," Y/n was a little embarrassed to reveal this particular answer, "Scenery, bowls of fruit...mostly my girlfriend..."

With the last response he gave her, Y/n expected Lauren to cringe back and think he was a pervert. But when she didn't, he was shocked, but only for a moment, for he realized that he didn't exactly say under what conditions that he painted his brunette bombshell.

But Lauren only smiled and said, "That sounds really cool." She wiped her mouth with a napkin and crumpled it in her palm, "Wow...ya know, that's been something I've wanted to do for a while."

Y/n felt his heart skip. She was more into the idea than he thought! He had originally imagined that if he were to paint the green-eyed beauty, a little convincing would be needed, but she seemed all up for the idea.

He ventured more into the subject, "So if I asked to sketch you...would you do it?"

Lauren smirked, "Are you asking me now?"

"Maybe." Y/n quirked the edges of his mouth upward, "It depends on your answer."

He could see tinges of red make their way onto Lauren's cheeks and smiled wider.

"And that depends on how good you make me look." Lauren countered, gazing directly at him. She swallowed hard. What was she doing? She had to remember to keep the flirty antics down or it would make her look unbecoming in the eyes of someone who was clearly in love with his girlfriend of who knows how long.

"I wouldn't have to alter anything to make that happen."

Lauren felt her breath catch in her throat. She fidgeted slightly and her cheeks were becoming even redder as time went on.

That– he...is so charming... She thought, desperately wanting to give into her younger days and let out a girlish squeal at the blatant compliment he gave her. Not only that, but he didn't mention anything about her figure. She laughed bitterly in her head at the last part.

It was odd. This man...this man had made her feel happier than Zayn ever did.

But...

But...

They could never be anything more, she knew.

"Zayn?"

The said man turned to meet his partner. Gigi looked at him with a timid stare and a light blush streaked her cheeks, "Is that...Lauren over there?" She asked, looking over to the table by the window where the dark haired girl and her cousin sat, "And...is that Y/n?"

"You know him?" This perked Zayn's interest.

Gigi nodded, "He's my cousin...I haven't seen him in so long." Eyes identical to her cousin's widened, "And...Lauren...she's over there, too. Do you want to go say hello?"

Zayn shook his head. He had already went over there to say his own special greeting while Gigi was in the bathroom, not wanting to upset her with his actions. "No...but you can, if you want."