Quandry

I feel faint...

The Cuban woman couldn't seem to take her eyes off of the drawing, specifically where the handsome man's phone number resided, and her heart seemed to be beating at a unusually fast rate as she ran her fingers over the picture's sleek surface.

Her heart hadn't beat like this since Zayn...

She shook her head. No! Lauren, you can't let that get to you! Besides...a cute, artsy type just gave you his number! But, wait...

"I have a girlfriend."

Lauren then growled, "Wait! Why would he give me his number if he had a girlfriend?!" She clenched dark brown strands between her fingers in frustration. "Fuck!" She cursed, rather loudly, and wished she didn't when her roommate came out of her room.

Normani yawned, stretching slightly and rubbing her weary eyes. She wore only a dark purple nightgown that skimmed her knees and was spaghetti strapped. It was slightly see-through, and hugged her curves tightly, leaving nothing to the imagination, "Laur?" She said sleepily, "It's late, what are you doing up?"

"I just got in..." She admitted sheepishly, glancing down at the paper in her hands. Trying to delay the topic as of why she was in so late, she added, "Why are you dressed like that, Mani?"

Normani very suddenly looked as wide awake as possible as a blush graced her features and she covered her chest with her hands, "Um...well..."

Lauren smiled warmly, "Waiting for Dinah?"

The dark-skinned girl looked down at her bare feet and sighed dreamily, "Yeah...since eight."

Emerald eyes looked up to the clock, which read ten fifteen. Normani had waited that long? When Lauren left the deli it was about ten, so Dinah must have had a busy night. She enlightened Mani by telling her this, and a relieved look washed over her best friend's features.

"Oh, thank god!" Normani said, rubbing her forehead with her arm, "I had all these strange thoughts running through my head...I thought she might be cheating on me with– "

"Zendaya?" Lauren offered, "Mani, Dinah is completely in love with you. Zendaya was her girlfriend waaay back in high school for crying out loud!"

Normani gave a weary smile, "Thanks, Lo..."

After smiling back, Lauren moved to the cabinet and took out two packets of hot cocoa mix, "I'm gonna make you some..." She said as she took out two mugs from the cabinet and sat them on the kitchen table.

"Do you need to talk to me about something?" Normani asked curiously, walking over to the table and taking a seat. "You always make us hot cocoa when you want to tell me something."

Lauren smiled, "You know me all too well."

After a couple of minutes, the cocoa was made, and while sipping it, Lauren told all. About the mysterious man named Y/n, how they went out to dinner, and at last how he gave her his drawing with his name and number written so very neatly at the bottom of it.

Normani drunk in all of this information, along with the cocoa, and nodded understandingly, "You should call him, Lo."

Lauren shot up from her cocoa, "But...but why?"

Normani scoffed as she adjusted her nightgown, "It's obvious that he's interested in you. And, why shouldn't you call him?"

"I just...can't."

"Is this because of Zayn?" Normani suddenly snapped, "Because I've told you time and time again, Zayn is a heartless, emotionless bastard, and you can do so much better. You shouldn't waste your life– "