|25| House Warming Gift

"Jay... Are you sure this is the place?" Tyler asked, gazing out at the scenery of the neighborhood through the window. I could hardly believe what I was seeing either but I'm pretty sure we followed the GPS correctly.

I checked the address again to make sure, "Yup. Just turn here, I guess."

After making the turn, he slowed his car to a stop then stared at the place for a moment before turning to me with a sigh, "It's kind of late, you sure you want to do this now?"

I nodded, causing him to shake his head.

"For someone who'd just got out of the hospital, you're moving around a lot." he parked the car in the mansion's wide driveway.

"This is kind of important..." I drifted off my sentence, gawking at the astonishing sight of Simon's home. It looked as if it were 10 stories high and made out of the world's most luxurious stone. It made me feel small as I gazed at the large, colorful trees and plants in the front yard's garden then moved my eyes to the very top floor of the house.

Damn Simon!

An excited feeling sparked in my gut and jumped around almost uncontrollably. It wasn't my house but I couldn't wait to step inside and pretend like it was. This place would be epic for house parties, which would be the first thing I'd do if I owned a place like this.

"Wow..." Tyler awed, moving a white curl from his eye, "Man... I knew this guy had money but... Geez!"

I opened the door and stepped out with a small chuckle, still amazed by this place. I knew Simon was lying that one time he told me he couldn't afford to give me a raise. "I'll call you later to pick me up, alright?"

Tyler nodded, "No problem, but if I were you, I'd 'accidentally' fall asleep here." he winked. "See ya."

I smirked while shutting the door. He had a point... Simon wouldn't blame me for that, would he?

I headed for the entrance, listening to the sound of Tyler's car driving off to the road and leaving the rich man's hood. As I hit the doorbell, I couldn't help but smile, thinking about Nicole's face when she sees me. I couldn't wait to see her. Something inside me needed to see her.

The smooth, wooden door opened and the person behind it was definitely not Nicole. A huge, bald-headed guard sized me with his eyes for a moment before asking, "What's your name, son?" It sounded more like a demand than a question.

I removed my hat, feeling the need to show him some respect. Why? Because he easily intimidated me. "Uh, Jaden... I'm here to talk to Simon's daughter." I told him.

"I.D."

I winced, "Okay... Here." I took my wallet out and handed my I.D card over to him.

He snatched it out of my hand, read it over then gave it back to me, "Arms out, spread legs."

The fuck? I just want to see Nicole, not the president.

I did as he said and waited until he got through patting me down, gesturing me inside after I was cleared.

I scratched my head before placing my cap back on my head as I walked inside. The dude sort of scared me. He's tall and ripped with bulky muscles and his face barely had any emotion on it but it still gave me vibes that made me feel unwanted here. Hopefully, I stay on his good side or he'll probably tear me apart like a piece of newspaper.

I stopped and gasped softly at the interior of the home. The freshly polished marble underneath my feet shined spotlessly, almost making me go back and remove my shoes but instead, I stood there, awestruck. Every square foot of this place amazed me, overwhelmed me. Even the air I breathed smelled expensive.