|55| Hello

Jaden

I woke up this morning to the aggravating noise of birds fucking near the cave. It must be that wonderful season here in the forest.

I groaned a yawn and stretched out on the parachute Nicki and I was sleeping on. My back ached from the hard surface of the ground and... Hold up...

Where's Nicki?

I sighed to myself. She's probably wandering around. I know how fascinated she often gets with nature.

Welp. Time to go find her.

I stood up and pushed through the vines to leave the cave. The sun was shining bright, making me squint through it so my eyes could adjust.

When my vision came back to me, I found Nicole's footprints in the patchy dirt areas and followed those.

"Nicole!" I called.

No one answered so I kept walking and calling her name every now and then. Hopefully, she hasn't already forgotten that there was crucial work needed to be done. We don't have time for venturing around in this forest when no one even knows that we're stranded here.

Her bootprints led me through a bird hangout place where I saw hundreds of different types of birds. It was pretty cool and I could see Nicole being interested in being here but... She wasn't. So I kept walking.

I barely had the energy to even be doing this right now and I just wanted to hurry and finish up in that jet so I could get away from all these bugs and animals and shit... Literal animal shit.

As I traveled, something growled behind me. My eyes widened and I slowly turned around.

Please just be my stomach, please just be my stomach...

"Oh hell nah!"

It was just a brown baby cub but I wasn't trying to be anybody's breakfast so I ran from that bitch! I think I scared it too because it thankfully scurried off in the other direction.

If that bear would've bitten me, I might've gotten rabies from it or even something worse. I'm not like Nicole, she's been hunting animals since she was a child. Where I grew up, we didn't play around with anything owning claws and teeth. People and animals had their own lanes that weren't to be intersected.

Basic street knowledge 101.

I panted and slowed down when I knew the cub was gone and when I also noticed that I ran passed Nicki's bootprints. I headed back to them and followed them through some tall trees and a few bushes of flowers.

Suddenly, as I walked through the path of those bushes, there was a small hill that I had to carefully walk across to keep from slipping and, before I knew it, there was a wide-open space of nothing but thousands of vibrant colored flowers, trees that had nice fat vines hanging from them, and a huge waterfall that harmonized smoothly with the sounds of the small birds chirping.

I raised my eyebrows when I noticed that her footprints disappeared as I walked slowly on the flatter surface and they were replaced with her actual boots, then I followed those to her vest, then her shirt, then her pants...

"Nicole?" I asked, confused.

I scratched my head when I noticed her bra, panties, tank, and her battered helmet sitting on a boulder near the waterfall.

"Nicki, you there?!" I called out, squinting through the mists of the waterfall.

After a moment, she walked out from behind the waterfall with her hands filled with colorful pebbles and a grin on her face. She barely smiled like that so it made me smile too but, I couldn't get past the fact that she was completely naked, being covered by only the water around her waist and her hair over her breasts.