|33| Finding Simon

Nicole

After Jaden brought us to his dorm after the event of the explosion, I've been on the phone confused, alarmed, and pissed as to what in the hell was going on.

I paced the room, trying to call Simon back again. I needed to know if this was something we needed to handle as another mission or if it was just some feeble-minded son of a bitch who I would have to find and scrape the skin off of for this juvenile prank.

Which I am damn near close to doing right now!

Dani and Jaden watched as I paced back and forth, still waiting for an answer.

"If you're receiving this message, I am not available at the moment. Please leave your-"

"Bullshit!" I angrily hurled my phone at the wall, fed up with hearing​ that voicemail for the one-hundredth time.

Jaden looked at me with wide eyes and Dani only smiled.

"He still isn't answering?" Dani asked as Jaden began to walk to the other end of the room.

"The fuck does it look like?" I snapped. "There's a dick out there who just totaled my car and Simon doesn't even care to pick up the damn phone! On top of that, he puts the whole HQ on lockdown! How the fu-"

Jaden gently placed his hand over my mouth, appearing from behind, "Shh... Just take a deep breath, Nicki." he said handing me my phone back. It had a few cracks but it still worked because the case saved it.

I did as he said and took a deep breath through my nose and laid my head back against the front of his shoulder. That helped me calm down a bit but right this moment, nothing, not even he could vanish the fact that I wanted to hunt and kill the dumbass who wrecked my car.

"How about I just walk you down to his office?" he whispered, removing his hand from over my mouth and resting it on my shoulder.

I glared, "We're on lockdown. We can't go anywhere."

He hunched his shoulders, "We can sneak. I'm sure he isn't taking any calls because of the lockdown but this is vital. We need to see him and the guy needs to understand that."

I smirked at the idea. I liked where this was going.

"You in? You look like you're in." he winked.

I nodded then turned to Dani, "Come on, D. We're going to his office, we need answers."

"On it." She went ahead and began to make her way to the door with Jaden and I following behind.

We quietly headed out of the dorm and tried our best to hide behind the shadows casted from the buildings. It was a little bit of a difficult task because it was still daylight outside and there was a guard in almost every corner but the place is huge with plenty of good hiding places, no one will be able to notice us easily.

A little while later, we snuck in through the back of the building where Simon's office was in and made our way down the lobby, to get there. I quickly put my number in at his door and waited for about 30 seconds before I was denied access.

I tried again.

Denied.

Is he even in there?

I put in the emergency code this time and the door finally opened. We quickly rushed inside and I closed the door with a relieved sigh.

Hopefully, he has an idea as to what is going on.

"Hey, uh... The boss isn't here." Dani said, leaning against the wall.

What?

I scanned the room over and over with an unsettling feeling in my gut. I know damn well that if Simon went out, he would let me know beforehand, "Why isn't he here?" I asked with concern.