˚₊‧19‧₊˚

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

I turned the door handle, and a hush scattered throughout the room as I walked inside. Four familiar pairs of eyes stared back at mine, and I instantly blushed from the unwanted attention.

"How generous of you to grace us all with your presence," Trey greeted me, flashing a superficial smile. He outstretched his palm. "Please, make yourself at home."

"Trey, stop it. This is his room." Nash scolded. He was on his bed, seated next to his ex. Lucas was lounging on the ground, on top of the plush, gray rug that I'd brought. Ava was also here, sitting on a beanbag near Nash's bed.

"Where were you? It's like ten p.m," Nash said. Sorry, Mom, I didn't realize I had a curfew.

"Uh— I was studying. At the library."

Trey stifled a laugh. "Right. Without your laptop? Or a backpack?"

Ava frowned at me, and I knew she could guess who I was with. Luckily for me, I didn't have to answer to either of them.

"Isn't it a fire hazard to have this many people in one room?" I griped, sitting on my bed. I was only pleased to see Lucas. Nash and I were still on awkward terms, but the sight of his face didn't traumatize me like Ava's or piss me off like Trey's.

"Nine people is a fire hazard," Ava answered. "There's just five of us, so we're good."

"That was rhetorical," I said. "Lucas, you can sit on my bed. The floor's uncomfortable."

He smiled, happily joining me just as a chorus of knocks fell on the door.

"Come in!" Nash permitted.

The door swung open and Jon walked through, shutting it behind him. He waved his phone in the air. "Hey, I got a text saying to come. What's going on?"

"Wish I knew." I shrugged, glancing at Nash as if he had the answer.

"Sorry," Ava apologized with a sheepish expression. "This was my idea. Well, I didn't invite Trey." She glared at him, and he rolled his eyes in return. "Lucas told me that he had to move out of this dorm for personal reasons, so I wanted all of us to just be here for him."

"Oh, Ava, you didn't have to do that..."

"Wait, you're moving out?" Nash inquired, squinting his eyes from across his side of the room. Lucas heaved a dramatic sigh, pretending not to hear him. He clearly wasn't ready to let go of their fight.

Jon sat down next to Lucas, leaning against one of my many pillows.

"Yes, he's leaving," Ava said. "And before that happens, I want us to work out all this drama between us!"

I caught my roommate staring pensively at me. "Then I'll go first," he decided. "I feel like we disappointed Casper at that party. Look, for all we know, he probably hadn't been to one like that before. Then, not only did we make him our babysitter, but we practically abandoned him to go have fun on our own. The fact you didn't realize that, Ava, is kinda sad."