˚₊‧27‧₊˚

˚₊‧Pic of David‧₊˚

˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

Something was different today. Good or bad, was to be determined.

The air was cooler, and winter was creeping in. Winter weather soothed me. It was serene, watching autumn leaves crumple and fall, leaving behind simplistic, bare trees.

But there was something else in the air charging through me.

The bliss I felt upon seeing David again was indescribable. I greeted him with a warm embrace and as many kisses as I could manage.

"You look so cozy in that jacket," I whispered, touching the collar. I just wanted to cuddle him.

Dani brought out a picnic basket and a small cooler from the kitchen and set them down next to us, placing a diamond-studded chain of keys into my hand. "You can drive my car," she told me. "The Maybach isn't exactly discreet."

I pursed my lips, knitting my eyebrows together as I stared at her keys in my palm. "Why? 'Fraid people will clutch their pearls when they see me getting out of his car?"

"Angel, we've talked about it. She supports us."

"Like hell she does." I set the keys on the counter, scowling at Dani. "I know that the way we met wasn't... ideal, but if I had a do-over, I wouldn't change a single thing. David isn't my teacher anymore, and he has a risky surgery in a week, so screw anyone who thinks what we have is wrong. That's not our problem, and, honestly, I couldn't care less. We have the right to do whatever we want, wherever and whenever. And we intend to do just that."

Dani cradled her flat stomach, sending me a soft smile while tilting her head to one side. Her reaction– or lack thereof– made my cheeks burn hot. Did I miscalculate or something?

"I'm glad to hear it, but you don't have to convince me. I just meant, considering the Maybach is a luxury car, you'd feel a little more comfortable driving my Jeep."

David bridged his fingers between mine, pecking the side of my head as I let my guard down. "It's sweet of you to defend us. Don't worry, she's all for it."

Dani picked up her car keys, dangling them in front of me before dropping them into my palm. "And I never let anyone drive my car, so this kinda makes you special."

"Fine. Thank you."

"My pleasure."

I turned to David, smiling up at him. "I'm excited," I said. "And kinda nervous."

"Me too. But you look beautiful, so don't be nervous."

I touched my cheeks. "Am I blushing?"

"Yes," Dani nodded, happy to add to my embarrassment. She smirked. "Go. It's a nice day out, and the sun will set soon."

I picked up the basket and cooler, beaming with anticipation. "I'll take these."

"Come on, Sofie. Home." David made a gesture to the puppy, and she jumped up to follow us to the car.

Everglade Park was just as beautiful as the first time I came, if not more. Despite the chill kicking in, there were children playing, couples strolling, a group of teens playing sand volleyball, and seniors enjoying the fresh air on benches. We arrived just before sunset, spreading our blanket under a thick tree.

The wind tousled our hair as we sat down and unloaded the basket.

My face lit up like the sky above us. "You packed all this?" I asked.