Psy/480 Professional Interview and Response Paper

Professional Interview and Response Paper

Samantha Craig

Psy/480

11/20/2016

When it comes to the world of psychology there are multiple different subcategories that branch off. The two professionals that were chosen for the interviews belong to different settings and branches, yet both share a desire to remain flexible and to provide a safe and helpful environment to those who see them.

Identities of Professionals

When it comes to selecting just to professionals in clinical psychology to interview was a hard task. However, the two that were chosen are Michelle Lombardo and Kathleen Leihgaber. Lombardo is a Licensed Clinical Social worker at the Angelus Therapeutic Services in New Castel, Pa. She achieved her degree at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. While Leihgaber works at Richardson Psychiatric Associates as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and studied at Pittsburgh University.

Specialties or Clinical Focus

When it comes to the work of Leihgaber, her work is related to those of adolescents and young adults. While Lombardo's line of work focuses on adult therapy. Although both environments and age groups that they work with are vastly different, both professionals are trained to help those who have experienced trauma, ADD, PTSD, Depression and Cognitive Behavior Therapy. However while Leihgaber's age practice has more verity of who she can help she doesn't have as many qualifications in areas of Expertise as Lombardo's.

Education, Training and Future of Psychology

When it comes to the future of Psychology both professionals believe that there will always be more learning that will be needed and an updated sense of treatments in order to help those who become clients. The other similarity is the fact that both Lombardo and Leihgaber have a master's degree in social work. Despite this Lombardo has achieved the ability to have a wider range of expertise, all the while Leihgaber provides a bigger verity of treatment options for her clients.

The Ethical and Legal Considerations

When it comes to counseling individuals there are a lot of considerations that should take place whether it be legal or ethical. One of the biggest concerns of Kathleen Leihgaber is those that legal and ethical concerns of the children she works with. This can be along the lines of custody battles and how they affect the child. Her other problem is the fact that she is that she also provides Christian Counseling that can cause complications ethically. Michelle Lombardo however, is more concerned on her patients and their wellbeing at all times. Sense she works in Trauma and has many focus on that level this can be ethically wrong to build an outside relationship to those who form an attachment.

Advice for the Aspiring Psychologist or Therapist

When it comes to what kind of advice they would give to those who are aspiring to be a psychologist or therapist they both agreed on one main aspect. This is to make sure that it is a field you are truly interested in and to make sure that you keep yourself healthy as well. It can be a hard position to be in when it comes to hearing background stories. If you don't maintain your mental health as well it could cause future problems.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the two interviewed individuals are both passionate clinical social workers who provide services to those who suffer from ADHD, Depression, PTSD, and Trauma. The amount of positivity and the perspective to help others from Michelle Lombardo and Kathleen Leihgaber in their profession is truly amazing. While they both have many similarities in the training and their areas of expertise they each have different treatment options in which they provide help.