prologue

[21]
➶PROLOGUE

"baby,do you remember back then?
the night it rained when we cried all day?"

heavy, big drops of rain showered the dark city while a young man strode his way to the cold, freezing night

heavy, big drops of rain showered the dark city while a young man strode his way to the cold, freezing night. funny how the weather seemed to be sympathetic with the man—after all it was also raining when it happened. the said man did not mind the way the breeze would occasionally give him the chills, what was important that today, he must reach that place—no matter what happened.

ragged breathing, heart palpitating while an enormous amount of lump in his throat made the boy feel so vulnerable as he was on his way to their usual spot—again, for the twenty first time.

the man was on his way to the one place where a part of him died. the brown-haired, plump lipped and doe-eyed boy was on his way to the dreadful place that made his life like living only became a matter of breathing and not having the will to move in this world.

despite the rain that enveloped both the city and even his heart, he didn't mind the way the cold breeze could tantalize and make him shiver as he was more concerned about the fact that he was sick—a lovesick fool to be precise.

a lovesick fool that was somehow hopeful that what was happening in his life was nothing but just a dream, a nightmare he wanted to wake up so badly.

"twenty one"

the boy muttered once reaching the spot that never failed to make his heart pool with such grief and sadness. 21—such a simple number but held so much meaning in his life.

"we met at twenty one, haeun"

he found his voice shivering, lips quivering midway as uttering the name seemed so foreign in his lips. oh how he died wishing that somehow he would still be able to see the person who owned that precious name.

"you're a big fat liar haeun"

at the mention of those words was the same time he was able to reach the hidden sanctuary he knew all too well while his eyes knowingly roamed on the majestic place once again.

"you said forever would be our thing but where are you now?"

memories of the sweet, tear-jerking images of her flashed inside his mind once more, and it didn't help but make his eyes finally swell with the tears he had been trying to hold for how much long he was trying to look strong in the face of other people.

"when i met you, the world started to move and my life begun"

his voice came out a whisper even as the hard and heavy rain drops soon reach its end.

"but i didn't know . . . i didn't know that when you met me, the sands of your time begun to meet its end"