o4

[21]
➶o4

"all day, i go crazy thinking ofyou
just thinking of you makes my body react. i'm trying to get rid of the sadness, trying to go back to the happy times"

❝i was a fool to ever think you were perfect and thinking that nothing could ever hurt you was a really foolish thought

i remembered you coming to school with bloodshot eyes and bruised face, seeing you in that state—i swear that my heart died and it hurt so much that i couldn't protect you from the demons that i never knew always surrounded you.

"don't cry, kookie"

"no, i can't. i can't help it, you're . . . you're wounded and seeing you like this . . "

"i—i'm fine"

seeing you drag the words so hard were enough to make me feel even more guilty.

"no! you are not okay! why, why would you hide this? i thought we trusted each other . . . i thought we're going to face everything through thick and thin? i love you so much and you don't know how seeing you like this pains me, i feel like i was never good enough. i was never good enough to make you feel like i could protect you. the frail, weak and coward jeongguk is gone haeun and you made it disappear but now, seeing you this way i just don't know anymore"

"jeongg—"

"i'm strong if i have you but . . . if i lose you"

"kooki—"

"elope with me"

"i—"

"i'll protect you"

i remembered the way your eyes finally let a tear drop on it for the first time, i remembered the way you broke down to me the moment i spoke those words. i remembered how you were so happy and scared at the same time when you heard me speak of the words "elope with me" . you thought that we would never be able to make it, but i guaranteed that if i have you, i could do anything.

"take me"

if i have you i could be anything i wanted.

i thought that after having you right beside me everything would go smoothly and forever would be a thing to us, but like any other make belief stories, forever only existed in fairytales and ours wasn't clearly one.❞