XIII

Nem Deogracia

Pabalang na sinara ko ang pintuan. God! That girl! Ang kapal niyang magpakita after so many years then what? She's acting like she doesn't know me? Damn! Ang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko after that confrontation. Shit! Napasabunot ako sa buhok ko.

"What's with you?"

"Not in the mood, Rhea."

Dumapa ako ng higa sa ibabaw ng kama ko.

"Your Mom's on TV, look."

I just glanced at the screen and closed my eyes. It's been a year when I moved out from our house. I decided to just leave 'em not because I'm a rebellious daughter but I just have the urge to get out. She wouldn't mind anyway, and besides, okay nga yun sa kanya.

I don't know why my Mom hates me. Yes, she provides me with what all the things I want but she doesn't give me the one thing I needed the most, her love. Wala naman sigurong ina ang hindi niya mahal ang kanyang anak but loo! She's a living proof that some are not very ideal.

"Ang hot pa rin ni Tita kahit may edad na."

"Ugh!" I really disgust this girl every time she praises my mother. "Nakakadiri ka talaga, Andrea."

"Whatever." Inirapan niya ako.

"So, how's the search?"

"Do I look successful?"

"You look, ew."

"Ugh! I really don't know what to do! I can't even see any photos or one of her accounts!"

She's currently surfing the web and looking for any clues.

"You must be lucky. You married a Sinclair."

"Nemo!" She groaned. "Hindi siya nakakatuwa!"

I laugh at her reaction. Ano bang inaayawan niya? I mean, marrying someone from a very wealthy family is not bad, actually, I would feel honored about it.

"Malay mo, she's a good catch, di ba?" I grin.

"Kayo nalang? Exchange tayo. Dali!"

"Nah. Angela will be devastated if she will know about this."

"Nemo." She warned me. "Naka-move on na ang kapatid mo sa akin. Look at her now, sila na ni Yuri. Can't you just be happy for her?"

"I am happy for her but you can't deny that she has still feelings for you. You are her first. Hindi madaling kalimutan ang mag bagay sa unang karanasan."

She stops on typing something and look at me.

"Ang lalim ng pinanguhugutan mo. Something happened."

It's merely a statement. Do I have to lie?

I deeply sigh.

"This afternoon... I went to her and... confirm about my curiosity..."

It saddens me na hindi niya ako kilala or maybe she's just pretending. I don't know.

"And..." I paused for a while.

I bit my lower lip.

"It's okay, Hunny. Just let her be nalang."

"H-how could s-she do t-that? Umaakto n-na parang w-walang n-nangyari."

She hugs me. I can't stand it anymore. I cried.

"Sssshhh."

Bakit ba ako umiiyak? Matagal na kaming tapos and I moved forward. But this pain... Akala ko wala na siya but it seems na bumabalik na naman ito.