Chapter 12

A/N: Remember that Alec and Riley one-shot I wrote in December?

Well, it takes place after this chapter and before the next one! If you didn't read it before because you were worried that it might contain spoilers, check it out now; and if you've read it before, but forgot what it was about - now is the perfect time to read it again! ;)

The link to it will be in the first comment and given as an External link.

"And 'Come over; I need to talk' was all Keri said?" Steve asked me as I pulled a clean light blue t-shirt over my head and down my torso.

"Mhmm," I hummed, removing my yoga pants to replace them with a pair of old jeans.

"Nothing else?" He prompted again and I sighed.

"Baby, I already answered that," I pointed out as I leaned over his wheelchair and pecked my husband on the lips. "Just that she needs to talk. Which is good," I added, tying my hair in a ponytail, "since she's been so stressed out lately and she never wants to talk about it. It really worries me."

His hand caressed the back of my right thigh, his touch gentle and comforting.

"I know, baby, I know," he murmured with a soothing inflection that made me bend to give him another kiss, this time longer and deeper.

"I love you," I wrapped my arms around his neck as I whispered against his lips and leaned my cheek on his, his light stubble itchy against my skin. "Even when you are unshaved and bruising my cheek."

He chuckled and patted my butt.

"Don't worry, babe; I'll shave before therapy today."

I pulled away to look at his face.

"I'm not sure how long I'll be at Keri's, but I'll try to make it to therapy."

"Don't worry about it." He repeated. "Keri needs you, so stay over for as long as necessary. I have a professional for therapy anyway, not to mention a whole bunch of Silver Bullets to watch over me at the gym."

"Hey, you are not getting rid of me that easily; I love to watch my hunky husband work out and get all sweaty."

A wicked grin crossed his face.

"I can think of something else we can do later that will get the both of us sweaty." He licked his lips.

"Can we do it now?" I purred, my arm released his neck to glide down his shirtless torso.

"I thought you were going to Keri's?" His voice was low and teasing and I groaned.

"Damn it, she has bad timing."

The best hubby in the world laughed.

"We've got all night, baby," he said with a wink. "Keri now, getting hot and sweaty later."