Chapter 28

If you are following me and read the message I send out every Sunday to my followers (it starts with CatMint5's Sunday News), you'd know that the reason why I didn't update S&R for so long was because I'm having some health problems. If you didn't know that, then 1 - now you do, and 2 - follow me on Wattpad and read my Sunday message to keep up to date with my updates and whatever is going on in my life that could influence my updates.

I'm not going to go into details about my health, but I'd like to say THANK YOU for the GET WELL wishes I got!

And now, for the long-awaited first update of the week.

I'm not going to go into details about my health, but I'd like to say THANK YOU for the GET WELL wishes I got! And now, for the long-awaited first update of the week

I kicked, the round black-and-white ball swishing through the cold air and past John's outstretched arms, right into the net behind him.

Yes! I fistpumped the air, my teammates gathering around to pat me on the back while the girls clapped and cheered from the sidelines.

5:1 for my team, four of the goals being scored by yours truly.

Now that Horace and I were friends, he would join the games and darn: he'd proved to be one Hell of a goalkeeper! The other team had made several breaks through our defences, but so far only Billy had managed to score and that was only once.

"Not bad," my human best friend also patted me even though he was the captain of the opposing team.

"Better than you, that's for sure," I teased, sticking my tongue at him. He laughed and then shouted towards the girls:

"Time?"

"About time to go home," Mira answered, after glancing at her phone.

"Mhmm," Billy hummed and nodded before he turned to me. "Guess you win this one too, K."

"Pftt. Of course!" I grinned as if that had been the only possible outcome. But human as they may be, some of the players on Billy's team were pretty good, especially when my best friend took charge of them. If it wasn't for Horace, I'm sure they would've scored at least a couple of more times.

The boys from both teams headed towards the sidelines, a few of them winking at the girls.

"Sorry you didn't get to play," I said to Mira when I approached her. Unlike her bestie Jizelle, she'd often join in not just when we needed someone so both teams had the same amount of players.

"That's okay." She shrugged.

"I wouldn't have minded you guys having an extra player," Billy - never the sore loser - noted. "Heck, maybe you could play for my team next time, Mira."

I'm sure John would like that, I thought.

"Oh, she prefers to play with Kennedy." Jizelle giggled.

Billy and I exchanged a look. We both knew - pretty much everyone knew - Mira has had a slight crush on me since forever. Sometimes I thought I was the reason why she played soccer with us more than just occasionally.