Chapter 34

Happy new Year, kittens!

A week late, but better late than never. I hope 2018 is all you wished it would be and then some!

To celebrate the arrival of 2018, I'm hosting a GIVEAWAY and the prize is feedback. If you are a writer, you might want to check it out. Details are available in the new book I've posted on my profile yesterday - CatMint5's GIVEAWAYS. I'll post the link to it as an external link in this chapter and in the first comment, but it's pretty easy to find: right now it's the first book you'll see on my profile.

I'll be having several giveaways this year so add CatMint5's GIVEAWAYS to your reading list in order to know when a new one starts (each giveaway will be posted as a new chapter)

PS: In the chapter where the giveaway is, I've also posted my goals for the year, including those for Wattpad, so if you are interested what I'll be writing, check it out.

Excitement filled my chest as I crossed the street towards Woodville park. Callum was already there, I could sense him, and sure enough I spotted him within a minute, sitting on one of the wooden benches. Most people around were out to enjoy the uncharacteristically warm for March the eight weather; some even seemed to have taken an early lunch break from work, munching on sandwiches while careful not to stain their suits with ketchup or mustard.

Not Callum.

He was hunched forward and tapping the ground with his foot, looking anything but relaxed and cheerful.

Maybe it was the daunting task of buying a wedding present for his niece.

Maybe it was the company he was waiting for.

I tried not to think that his nerves might be because he regretted letting me tag along; he'd seemed okay enough with it at the café, but what if he'd changed his mind over the past two days?

It's Callum. If he'd changed his mind, he would've called you and told you to bugger off.

The man in question saw me and stood up, clasping his hands behind his back. It was an unusual stance for him and yet again I wondered just how anxious he was and whether I had anything to do with it.