love and basketball || two

AN: Hope you like it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

your point of view.

Grabbing a spoon from one of the drawers and taking the ice cream out of the freezer, I took a seat in one of the kitchen chairs.

Bringing the spoonful of butter pecan into my mouth, I looked over at the clock on the stove to check the time.

7:50 p.m.

"I thought you were going to that basketball game tonight," my mother came into the kitchen with her pajamas on. "You've been talking about going to that game ever since you were a freshman."

I shook my head as I took in another spoon filled with ice cream. "He made me mad mama, so I do not feel in the mood to go and cheer him on when we both know that I hate his guts right now."

"That is called being petty," she looked over at me with a grin on her face.

Watching her as she washed the dishes from my dad, I just gave her a shrug.

I wasn't going to be there for someone who was going to take my ass for granted.

He was just going to have to find somebody else to do that shit because I wasn't the one.

keith's point of view.

"We do not have time for you guys to choke up now!" Our coach screamed at us as he took a time out with only twenty seconds left in the tied game. "They're beating our asses on the court like we stole something."

Grabbing a white towel from one of the assistants on the team, I rubbed my sweaty face as he told us our next plan.

"If you feel like you can't handle shooting the ball, give it to Keith. That's why he is the point guard. If you need to get in a good shooting range, give it to Michael, he leads the team in assists."

With all of us nodding our heads as the referee told us that our short time out was over, we gathered into the huddle with me in the middle.

"Who house is this?" I screamed at my tired teammates, trying to get their attention.

"Our house."

"Who house is this?" I asked them once again, trying to get them motivated.

"Our house!"

"That's what I'm talking about," I grinned at them as we broke away from each other to get our division title tonight.

Getting into my position on the basketball court, I tucked my jersey into my shorts, looking over at the home stands, trying to catch a glimpse of y/n.

Not seeing her there, I caught the sight of my girlfriend blowing air kisses at me while cheering the team on with her friends.

Grinning at how cute she was, at least someone came to support me at my last basketball game as a Senior in high school.

Shaking my head, all eyes were on us as the game started back up.

Dribbling the ball across the court after Jordan passed it to me, I crossed over, catching my defender in surprise.

Faking the fact that I was about to shoot the ball, I passed it to Sam, telling him to shoot it, not me.

Watching as the ball went into the net with ease, I high-five my teammate before getting into defensive mode.

Glancing up at the scoreboard for a split second, we were up by two points, with only two seconds left.

As the other team called a timeout, we all walked to our respective seats, getting a cup of Gatorade to quench our thirst.

"Just defend," Coach Dallas demanded from us, making us all shake our head in agreement once again.

Going out there for the last time as time started to dwindle down, I rubbed my hands together, ready for the clock to run out already.

Drowning out the noise from fans in the bleachers and the music playing on the soundboards, I got in front of my opponent, going backward as it was now his turn to dribble the round ball.

Wailing my arms up as I jumped up and down, I kept defending him until time was called.

Letting out a sigh of relief as the spectators started to crowd the court, I was caught off guard when I felt a pair of arms snaking around my waist.

Thinking it was y/n, I turned around with a grin.

"Hey, baby." My smile faltered once I saw who it was.

She kissed me on the lips with eagerness. "I'm so proud of you. You were great out there."

Bringing her closer to my sweaty body, I pulled away first. "Have you seen y/n?"

"She was here earlier, but as soon as I was trying to make a polite conversation with her, she totally went off."

Frowning at her words, y/n had a lot of nerve to look down at my girl when she was already walking on thin ice.

"What did she say exactly?"

She looked up at me with tears brimming in her eyes. "She said I was fat and a disgusting cow and that I didn't deserve to have you, but only her. Keith, you know how I'm insecure about my weight."

Feeling the heat going through my ears, I asked to borrow Chloe's phone.

Bringing the phone up to my ear once I dialed the familiar number, I waited until I could hear y/n on the other end of the phone.

"You know, you had some balls to talk down to my girlfriend tonight."

"Keith?" She asked bewildered.

"Don't Keith me. I fucking hate you for what you said to my girl. I want you to delete my phone number and get rid of anything I own because I'm done with your ass."

"What do you mean?" She choked out, trying to hold back from crying.

"Don't even come at me no more man," I said finally before hanging up to her crying on the other end of the line.

Handing Chloe back her phone, I stormed passed her to the locker room to change.

This night was supposed to be  drama free, but she always had to make it be one.

---

How was it?

How was it?

Q: What 90s girl group do you like the most? TLC, Xscape, SWV, etc.