love and basketball || three

not edited.

your point of view.

"Why is Keith staring at you like that," my cousin asked as she took a seat in front of me at the lunch table.

"I don't even know," I looked up at her from my phone. "As a matter of fact, I would like to know too."

 "You all need to stop playing with each other," she shook her head at my answer.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not playing with anybody. Every since he got with that girl he has been acting way different towards me."

"Well tell him that," she tried to suggest. "You're his best friend, he'll believe you instead of a girl who he has barely known for a year."

"That's what I thought too," I sighed. "But I lost all faith in him when he told me I wasn't nothing to him anymore."

"See I didn't know all that," she frowned. "What has he said to you that made you want to throw away your guys relationship after so many years because I swear I thought you guys were going to be together by the end of this year."

"I guess I have to catch you up to speed, don't I?" I let out a dry chuckle.

"Yes, and I need to know all the details now."

"Chloe, his girlfriend, told him after the game that I said horrible things about her."

"You don't even know that girl," she gave me a confused look. "And you weren't even at the game."

"Exactly," I clasped my hands together, glad that somebody believed me. "And so long story short, he called me on her phone and told me that I wasn't his friend anymore. Do you know how long I cried over him before I came to my senses? I cried that whole weekend and then some."

"Oh hell no," my cousin got up from her seat and took off her earrings.

"What are you doing?" I looked up at her with wide eyes.

"I'm about to go and tell him how I feel about all of this."

Getting up from my seat to grab her hand, I didn't feel like confronting him right now.

"I'm just going to go over there and ask him a few questions," she smiled at me while patting my hand away. "I will be right back."

-----

keith's point of view.

"Who's that girl walking towards us," someone asked from behind me as I saw y/n's cousin walking feverishly to where we sat. "She's fine as fuck."

"That's y/c/n," I said in confusion as she came closer to our table.

"What's wrong with you Keith," she asked in anger as she now stood in front of me with her hands on her hips. "You had the nerve to talk to y/n like that and I honestly do not like what you did."

Getting into defensive mode, she was in the wrong place to be talking to me when her cousin did this shit to herself.

"First of all, your cousin came to my game to only talk bad about my girlfriend and I don't appreciate that at all and secondly I think she owes Chloe an apology."

"You know what, you are so full of shit right now."

"You need to watch how you talk to my man," Chloe stood up from my lap and got into y/c/n face. "Because I'll have your ass suspended."

"For what? Calling out bullshit when I see it? No, see y/n did not want me to come over here in the first place, but I see why. You have your claws up so far in Keith's ass that he can't see straight for himself!"

She looked at all of us before continuing. "Raise all of your hands if you saw y/n at that game Friday night."

Looking at the whole table as she asked the questioned, no one, but Chloe raised her hand.

"What are you trying to prove," I looked at y/n's cousin in the eyes as I pulled Chloe back onto my lap. "We were all too busying playing the game to notice who was in the stands that night."

She laughed a fake laugh. "I just want you to think about this Keith. Y/n has only been there for you through thick and thin when you didn't deserve it. You don't know how many times y/n looked depressed at family gatherings because your dumb ass decided to cancel plans the day before or the day after with her. But yet, you decided to believe a hoe then your own best friend. What a true friend you are."

"Don't listen to that fat bitch," Chloe whispered into my ear, totally ignoring the deadly glare from y/c/n. "She just wants you to forget what y/n said to me."

"I'll leave now," y/c/n said before continuing. "But I do want you to think about what I just said to you and not listen to all the lies Chloe's telling you in your ear."

Watching her as she left the table silent and back to where she came from, I looked over at y/n as she looked down at her phone with a pout.

Smiling towards her, I didn't know who to believe now.

Pushing Chloe off of me gently, the feeling of guilt and regret washed over me in full force.

"What are you doing?" She asked, trying to sit back down on my lap, but I stopping her midway.

I got up from my seat, ignoring everyone trying to call me back to sit down and listen in to their conversations. "I have a class."

Passing y/n's table as I walked towards the cafeteria's doors, I made eye contact with her cousin.

She shrugged as she looked at y/n who was still concentrating on something typed in her phone.

Sighing, I left without saying another word.

Maybe I was listening to the wrong person than to the one who was right all alone, but with the consequence of realizing that now, it now might be too late to fix what I broke.

----