Chappy 1

I sat up and stretched wearily.

This was not my bed.

I stood up and started on my way to the bathroom. Guess I fell asleep on the sofa again.

I went through my morning routine, slightly energized. I haven't had a reason to smile until this week. My parents just left last night, and the entire place was for me and only me. Thank god school had this week off as well. I don't have to dread homework either since I pretty much finished it all last night.

I didn't bother changing into new clothes; pajamas is the only outfit I need. I peeked out the window to see clear streets with vibrant lush trees growing around it. I stepped outside and grabbed the mail from the box, mentally replaying my mothers words before she left. 'Don't forget the mail! You don't want an angry mailman with a full mailbox.'

I scattered the envelopes across the kitchen table and opened the fridge.

"Milk, cheese, eggs- eggs!" I pulled out a carton as I started naming everything in my fridge.

After cooking a fairly made breakfast, I looked through the envelopes while taking a few bites.

The mail was various- coming from relatives halfway across the world, the electric bill, some other house notice, my mom's coupons, and a weird looking letter.

It looked like it was written on a century-old paper that was a dull yellow. The envelope was signed for my dad, Henry. Well- the envelope was barely closed, so might as well take a peek.

I carefully slid out the withered paper and unfolded it.

Dear Henry,

It's been like a lifetime since we worked on cartoons together. 30 years really slips away. Doesn't it?
If you're back in town, come visit the old workshop. There's something I need to show you.

Your best pal,
Joey Drew

I looked at the envelope again to see the address of the place. I guess I could be a little productive this week. I remember my dad talking about Joey. They were as close as brothers- except Joey was his boss if I remembered correctly.

I went back into my room and eagerly found some clothes to throw on. Nothing much- just a pair of jeans, a white crop top, and my oversized sweater. I left the zipper unzipped since it wasn't hot cold out, but this place should have air conditioning I guess.

I realized I hadn't finished breakfast, so I quickly devoured my eggs and slipped my keys and phone in my pocket.

Time to do some exploring~